0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2013 9:02 PM by huangdihu

Arquillian + testng hang in deployment

huangdihu

Hi,

I am using Arquillian to auto-deploy my application under test, and then write TestNG test cases to test the REST API provided by the application under test.

I have 3 ears to deploy before a test case, so I use @Deployment (name="", order=x) to diff the 3 deployments.

The problem is after the first ear is deployed, it hangs there, never proceed next deployments and the following test case.

My env is:

jboss.as: 7.1.2.Final-redhat-1

jboss.as.arquillian: 7.1.3.Final

arquillian-testng-container: 1.1.1.Final

I used jconsole to check the threads, and found a clue, there is always 2 management-handler-threads WAITING,  management-handler-threads - 5 is the thread who deploys the first ear.

Name: management-handler-threads - 6 (or 7)

State: WAITING on org.jboss.remoting3.remote.OutboundMessage@12cfe42

Total blocked: 16  Total waited: 3

Stack trace:

java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)

java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)

org.jboss.remoting3.remote.OutboundMessage$1.accept(OutboundMessage.java:91)

org.xnio.streams.BufferPipeOutputStream.send(BufferPipeOutputStream.java:125)

org.xnio.streams.BufferPipeOutputStream.send(BufferPipeOutputStream.java:113)

org.xnio.streams.BufferPipeOutputStream.getBuffer(BufferPipeOutputStream.java:77)

org.xnio.streams.BufferPipeOutputStream.write(BufferPipeOutputStream.java:95)

- locked org.xnio.streams.BufferPipeOutputStream@e0226bc

org.jboss.remoting3.remote.OutboundMessage.write(OutboundMessage.java:176)

java.io.DataOutputStream.write(DataOutputStream.java:107)

- locked java.io.DataOutputStream@4fccc5df

java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(DataOutputStream.java:401)

java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(DataOutputStream.java:323)

org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.FlushableDataOutputImpl.writeUTF(FlushableDataOutputImpl.java:109)

org.jboss.dmr.ObjectModelValue.writeExternal(ObjectModelValue.java:74)

org.jboss.dmr.ModelNode.writeExternal(ModelNode.java:1476)

org.jboss.dmr.ObjectModelValue.writeExternal(ObjectModelValue.java:75)

org.jboss.as.controller.remote.ModelControllerClientOperationHandler$ExecuteRequestHandler$1.execute(ModelControllerClientOperationHandler.java:116)

org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.AbstractMessageHandler$2$1.doExecute(AbstractMessageHandler.java:287)

org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.AbstractMessageHandler$AsyncTaskRunner.run(AbstractMessageHandler.java:483)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122)

And also, for the same 3 deployments, if I use junit and test EJB methods (I mean do not test REST API provided by the application under test), it does not hang.

I have been researching the hang problem for about 2 days, didn't find any solution. Is there anyone helping me out? thank you~