0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2004 3:53 PM by saroramki

Transaction control in Jboss – Hibernate

saroramki

Hi,
      My environment : Jboss3.2.3, Hibernate2.1.2 , windows-xp( this o/s is only for development env.)

High level architectural flow

Stateless session bean -> Hibernate -> my data source ->database

1) Data source : local-tx-datasource
      IÂ’ve a stateless session bean to handle my data layer operations. Once when IÂ’ve the local-tx-datasource and when I do

tx = session.beginTransaction();

session.save(somePO instance populated with all qualified values);

tx.commit();

ItÂ’s getting rolled back when it tries to do commit, and the error message is you canÂ’t control the transaction when you are in the managed transaction.

Wondering whether is this the right behaviour? I think no, I expect with the data source being the local-tx, I should be able to begin, commit transactions by myself.

2) Same above case but the data source is no-tx-datasource

During the server start up it shows that my applicationÂ’s Mbean is not getting deployed properly. I get the message as follows.

16:17:59,534 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
      Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
      Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:

MBeans waiting for classes:

By ignoring this message, I could able to control the txn with the code as shown in 1)
      But I need the data source be the local-tx-datasource , so that I get my M bean deployed properly

Any solution?

Thanks in advance for your response
      saro