7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 7:33 AM by wdfink

Jboss Start with IP

pradhumnjboss

i can't start Jboss using IP(except 127.0.0.1) .

Please some one help.

• 1. Re: Jboss Start with IP
          kuldeep11

Use "-b <IP Address>" (without "") for starting with different IP.

• 2. Re: Jboss Start with IP
            wdfink

You should explain what your problem is and what JBoss version do you use.

You don't know how to start or you have problems is you start with a different IP address?

• 3. Re: Jboss Start with IP
              pradhumnjboss

Thanks for Reply..

I want to  communicate android with jboss server(6.1.final) for mysql database connection so i need to start jboss using ip (10.0.2.2).

I  already tried  "-b IpAdd." but for 10.0.2.2 it's not working.

• 4. Re: Jboss Start with IP
                tarquinios

Input the error when you start JBoss

• 5. Re: Jboss Start with IP
                  wdfink

Please provide the exact start command and the server logfile.

What do you mean by "for mysql database connection"? Do you use the mysql-server IP for the -b parameter?

• 6. Re: Jboss Start with IP
                    pradhumnjboss

I want to communicate jboss server only by using android application so i want to know initial step for communication .

till i can't get response from server and i don't know my request reach to server or not , that's why i cant get any error in jboss console.

THANKS TO REPLY..

• 7. Re: Jboss Start with IP
                      wdfink

I think the first step will be to start JBoss without error, then you might use a client in the same network and access ip:8080 to see that the welcome page is displayed.

If your Android is not in the same network you might use a browser to access the welcome page.

If that work you should be able to connect with Android depend on what you need, maybe you need other ports which are blocked.