2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2014 6:08 AM by stephen.munro.10

Server deployment of JBPM

stephen.munro.10

Hello,

I'm looking for some guidance on how to install JBPM on an existing server without using the full installation zip file provided.

Ideally, I'd like to simply install guvnor and the web apps provided along with the demo. I've not found any guide on this and was wondering if anyone has had success doing this without having to use ant install.demo to pull in unnecessary components.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Server deployment of JBPM
          krisverlaenen

For as7 / eap6 / wildfly8, this should be pretty straightforward: pick up the right distribution, rename to kie-wb.war (or whatever name you want it to have as application path), deploy to your application server, register a user (by default we're using the 'other' security domain, so simply using add-user should work) with the right roles (like 'admin', 'developer', 'analyst'), start application server, log in.

Latest version of distributions for different application servers can be found here:

Index of /groups/public-jboss/org/kie/kie-wb-distribution-wars/6.1.0.CR2

• 2. Re: Server deployment of JBPM
            stephen.munro.10

Hello Kris,

Thanks for the link and the advice. This is the first time I've had to work with JBPM 6, so I'm a little rusty. Yesterday I took the approach to start modifying the ant build script to deploy the demo to an existing JBOSS 7 AS instance.  Taking the individual 2 WAR files might be easier  to get started with .