1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 8:45 AM by atooni

Reading file with relative URL from Bean

Hi,

I have implemented a MessageExchangeListener to integrate my java class with servicemix.

I have to access a property file from this class. The class file say MyListener is in package MyPackage.

I created a folder called MyPropFolder in resources folder and inside MyPropFolder I have MyPropFile.txt

The folder structure of source is as follows

MyBean

src

main

java

MyPackage

MyListener.java

resources

MyPropFolder

MyPropFile.txt

When I create a service assembly and see inside the zip archive created the structure looks as follows:

MyBean.zip

MyPackage

MyListener.class

MyPropFolder

MyPropFile.txt

MyListener.class tries to access the property file as follows:

BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new FileReader("./MyPropFolder/MyPropFolder.txt"));

I get the following Exception

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\..\MyPropFolder\MyPropFolder.txt (The system cannot find the path specified) ...

I have tried each of the following Paths, however none of them work

"MyPropFile.txt"

"MyPropFolder/MyPropFile.txt"

"./MyPropFolder/MyPropFile.txt"

"../MyPropFolder/MyPropFile.txt"

"./MyPropFile.txt"

"./resources/MyPropFolder/MyPropFile.txt"

"../resources/MyPropFolder/MyPropFile.txt"

"../../resources/MyPropFolder/MyPropFile.txt"

Maven Build has also succeeded. When I open assembly.zip, I see appropriate serviceunit .zip in it. And when I open serviceunit.zip I see MyFolder which has MyProp.txt

Infact after deploying, when I have a look at the SERVICEMIX_HOME/data folder I see

D:\installation\apache-servicemix-3.2.2\data\smx\service-assemblies\MyAssembly\version_15\sus\servicemix-bean\MyBean\MyFolder\MyPropFile.txt

D:\installation\apache-servicemix-3.2.2\data\smx\service-assemblies\MyAssembly\version_15\sus\servicemix-bean\MyBean\MyPAckage\MyBean.class

What am I doing wrong? How do I read a file with relative URL?

• 1. Re: Reading file with relative URL from Bean
          atooni

Hello,

well, relative file names are always tricky. They are referenced with respect to the current directory when the JVM was started. You can query that directory name by accessing the user.dir System property.

This having said, I would suggest to revisit the code, make a base directory configurable in your application and then you can create file urls relative to that configured directory.

Best regards

Andreas