4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2009 3:47 PM by vvchoy

localization in servicemix

vvchoy

Hi

Would like to know what is the recommended way to do localization with servicemix. Would appreciate any help or insight in this subject matter, especially regarding how to package resourcebundle properties file with servicemix and how to deploy them.

thanks

Valerie

• 1. Re: localization in servicemix
          davestanley

Hi Valerie,

Can you provide more details. What version of servicemix are you using and which parts in particular are you trying to localize.

Thanks

/Dave

• 2. Re: localization in servicemix
            vvchoy

Hi Dave

I am using Fuse Servicemix 3.4.0.x. I would like to be able to localize log messages. Since in Servicemix, we have su and sa deployment, I am wondering what is the best way to bundle/deploy the resource properties file as well as whether there is a standard way provided by servicemix to access these resource files ?

Hopefully I can get some recommendations.

Thanks a lot

Valerie

• 3. Re: localization in servicemix
              davestanley

Hi,

As log4j is being used under the covers I think it would be a large undertaking to localize the logging in general.

It may be possible for you to localize messages logged by your own business logic by using spring's propertyPlaceHolderConfigurer. This does have some suppport for localization but I'm not sure if the locale is resolved automatically or if you would need to do some extra work to be able to resolve the right property string for the right locale.

Regards

/Dave

• 4. Re: localization in servicemix
                vvchoy

Hi Dave

OpenEsb offerent a central class Messages that allows loading of a properties file (ie. resource bundle property file) using your own specific class.

Wonder whether servicemix offers something similar ?

Thanks

Valerie