I watched the "Get Started with ServiceMix 4.2: FUSE ESB" today, downloaded the payment-service sample and I'm trying to get it working without much success. I'm an experienced .NET programmer and a small exposure to Eclipse and Java. I'm evaluating Open Source ESBs for a possible replacement for a home grown message router.
Following the steps in the README.txt file
1) found I needed to have a JDK installed in eclipse.
2) These steps don't work. There is no "Mavin Indexes" option and the "Mavin Repositories option doesn't have an Add option.
After much messing around and trying to put the fusesource in the settings.ini we finally found Windows | Preferences | Maven | Archetypes and added it as a Remote Catalogue. Used the URL http://repo.fusesource.com/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml rather than the one in the readme.
Q.1) Is that correct?
Q.2) After doing that the fusesource repository/catalog doesn't appear in the maven Repositories window. Should it?
Q.3) It isn't clear to me what I should do with the "apache-servicemix-4.2.0-fuse-02-00" that I downloaded.
Create Payment Service Parent Project
1) Followed as described
2) Had to be a bit imaginative
- Repositories tab: added "fuessouce" as a Plugin Repository. Used the URL http://repo.fusesource.com/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml rather than the one in the readme.
- Plugins Tab: Added the Group ID as specified.
Now there is an error in the Console:
"Unable to update index for fusesource|http://repo.fusesource.com/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml: Resource nexus-maven-repository-index.properties does not exist"
That's as far as I've got after 5 or 6 hours. Glassfish ESB is looking pretty good at this point.
Hopefully someone will be able to get me going again.