For your questions
1. Do we need to configure the port in etc/jetty.xml
No, all is set up by default
2. What's the default http port for jetty
3. Is there anything that I am missing in installing the feature
Ensure your machine has internet connection, also you can check if there's any exception in data/log/servicemix.log,
to see if all bundles are Active.
- My machine has internet connection.
- I can see the installed feature and other required bundles active:
- I checked the logs and I see below errors but those do not seem to be the feature CXF OSGi error that I installed.
1. 11:17:17,802 | ERROR | .servicemix.jbi) | configadmin | 6 - org.apache.felix.configadmin - 1.2.8.fuse-01-08 | Cannot use configuration org.apache.servicemix.jbi for : Configuration bound to bundle mvn:org.apache.servicemix/servicemix-common/2011.02.1-fuse-00-08
2. 11:22:16,440 | ERROR | rint Extender: 3 | BlueprintContainerImpl | 10 - org.apache.aries.blueprint - 0.3.1 | Unable to start blueprint container for bundle servicemix-file due to unresolved dependencies
example cxf-osgi need more bundles, especially the Jetty 7.x, could you paste whole output
Also did you change any configuration for FUSE ESB before(like change any files under etc folder)? You mentioned you've edited etc/jetty.xml, don't do it, also ensure port 8181 not used by other process.
1. 11:17:17,802 | ERROR | .servicemix.jbi) | configadmin | 6 - org.apache.felix.configadmin - 1.2.8.fuse-01-08 | Cannot use configuration org.apache.servicemix.jbi for http://org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=168, bundle=173: Configuration bound to bundle mvn:org.apache.servicemix/servicemix-common/2011.02.1-fuse-00-08
2. 11:22:16,440 | ERROR | rint Extender: 3 | BlueprintContainerImpl | 10 - org.apache.aries.blueprint - 0.3.1 | Unable to start blueprint container for bundle servicemix-file due to unresolved dependencies http://(objectClass=org.fusesource.commons.management.ManagementStrategy)
also indicate there's something wrong during FUSE ESB startup, this can also cause example doesn't work, all dependency should be already there with default feature, so you shouldn't see those error at all. What's your JDK version? What's your platform?
Below is the output of osgi:list
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
ID State Blueprint Spring Level Name
I removed the updates that I had done in etc/jetty.xml
I am using jdk 6.
Should I uninstall - features:uninstall examples-cxf-osgi, then do a mvn install for example cxf-osgi and install - features:install examples-cxf-osgi.
A lots of bundles not get installed and started correctly. You need figure out it first.
What's your platform? Do you have any proxy settings for your maven?
I suggest you try to remove $FUSE_ESB/data folder and restart FUSE ESB to see if it helps? This is a brand new FUSE ESB and you didn't change any other configurations besides the jetty.xml,right?
My platform is Windows 7 and I am not using proxy and I have internet connection.
This is brand new FUSE ESB and besides jetty.xml I had not updated any other file. I have removed the updates from jetty.xml that I had done.
I will remove all files under data and restart FUSE ESB and check for any errors.
This time everything looks ok for me. You should be able to install example-cxf-osgi feature and run successfully.
Previously somehow your bundle cache messed up.
Thanks Freeman. I was able invoke the web service by running the java code client.