1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 4:14 PM by Wolf-Dieter Fink

Reusing Bean instance pools

nawaz mohamed Newbie

I have defined many bean instance pools with different size in my standalone-full.xml. I am using these pool names to annotate in my MDB's & SLSB's. When I define a pool and use it in a MDB/SLSB is that pool dedicated for it. Can the same pool be used with other MDB or SLSB's. Can someone provide more insight into the behavior.

<pools>

<bean-instance-pools>

<strict-max-pool name="slsb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="15" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

<strict-max-pool name="mdb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="20" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

<strict-max-pool name="mdb-strict-epicenter-max-pool" max-pool-size="60" instance-acquisition-timeout="30" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="SECONDS"/>

<strict-max-pool name="inventory-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="100" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

<strict-max-pool name="inventory-mdb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="80" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

<strict-max-pool name="firmware-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="25" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

<strict-max-pool name="firmware-mdb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="25" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

</bean-instance-pools>

</pools>

Regards,

Nawaz

• 1. Re: Reusing Bean instance pools
          Wolf-Dieter Fink Master

It's a pool, if you use it from different beans the number of threads are shared.

With your configuration it is possible to run in different problems as it is possible that ~320 beans are running at the same time. That might be problematic for CPU power or memory consumption.

But with many pools you have e fine graned control how much beans from a type can run in parallel.