4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 10:55 AM by rbalboa

Why Edit functionality could be missing on Admin Console/Deployments?

rbalboa

Hi all,

I would like enable stats for each of my deployments. I reinstalled several times JBOSS EAP 6.3 and always I could edit and check the check mark to enable stats.

Is there a property that I can use in my standalone configuration file to allow for this automatically?

How can be possible that the admin console is preventing these changes? Why?
      Thanks

• 1. Re: Why Edit functionality could be missing on Admin Console/Deployments?
          wdfink

Which statistics do you mean, any example?

The properties should be available via CLI interface, maybe the console might not allow every configuration option. If you did not found it in the upstream project WildFly you might file a JIRA for this.

As you use EAP you might have a subscription and can open a support ticket for this in EAP6 as well.

• 2. Re: Why Edit functionality could be missing on Admin Console/Deployments?
            rbalboa

For example enable statistics for monitoring deployment behavior. For some reason it was present in the admin console in previous installs on the same host and now I can't see the check mark to enable statistics per deployment in the console.

How can I do that through configuration xml files or properties file for both standalone and domain?Besides, CLI documentation doesn't address how to enable statistics that I'm aware.

Any reference to proper documentation about this would be much appreciated.
            Thanks,

• 3. Re: Re: Why Edit functionality could be missing on Admin Console/Deployments?
              jaysensharma

There are some CLI commands which you can use to enable various statistics and to monitor them. Some of them are as following , it might be helpful

For EJB Statistics

/subsystem=ejb3:write-attribute(name=enable-statistics, value=true)
              /deployment=TestWebApp.war/subsystem=ejb3/stateless-session-bean=HelloEJB:read-resource(include-runtime=true)

For Transactions:

/subsystem=transactions/:write-attribute(name=enable-statistics,value=true)
              /subsystem=transactions/:read-resource(recursive-depth=0,include-runtime=true)

For DataSource:

/subsystem=datasources/data-source=ExampleDS:write-attribute(name=statistics-enabled,value=true)
              /subsystem=datasources/data-source=ExampleDS/statistics=pool:read-resource(include-runtime=true)

Similarly for Web Applications session related statistics can be seen as :

/deployment=TestWebApp.war/subsystem=web:read-resource(include-runtime=true)

• 4. Re: Re: Why Edit functionality could be missing on Admin Console/Deployments?
                rbalboa

Thank you. That works although it seems a little bit odd that one can't enable statistics globally for all deployments and for all subsystems. Could that be possible? Thanks