0 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2005 3:15 PM by lduperval

EJB persistence in incorrect order

lduperval

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a problem with my JBoss installation. I have a number of 1-M relationships defined and when I try to create data that contains a foreign key, I always get errors like this:

java.sql.SQLException: INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'SM_FOREIGN_KEY'. The conflict occurred in database 'TE', table 'MEMO', column 'MEMO_UUID'.
       at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:364)
       at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2708)
       at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2150)
       at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:587)
       at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:438)
       at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQL(JtdsStatement.java:421)
       at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JtdsPreparedStatement.java:397)
       at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(WrappedPreparedStatement.java:335)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.executeInsert(JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.java:328)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.performInsert(JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.java:286)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.execute(JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.java:137)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.createEntity(JDBCStoreManager.java:562)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.createEntity(CMPPersistenceManager.java:203)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.createEntity(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:269)
       at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.createLocalHome(EntityContainer.java:576)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
       at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invokeHome(EntityContainer.java:1061)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInterceptor.invokeHome(AbstractInterceptor.java:88)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntitySynchronizationInterceptor.invokeHome(EntitySynchronizationInterceptor.java:204)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invokeHome(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:214)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInterceptor.invokeHome(AbstractInterceptor.java:88)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityInstanceInterceptor.invokeHome(EntityInstanceInterceptor.java:90)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityLockInterceptor.invokeHome(EntityLockInterceptor.java:61)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityCreationInterceptor.invokeHome(EntityCreationInterceptor.java:28)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:88)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:315)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invokeHome(TxInterceptorCMT.java:128)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invokeHome(SecurityInterceptor.java:94)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invokeHome(LogInterceptor.java:120)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invokeHome(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:93)
       at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.internalInvokeHome(EntityContainer.java:478)
       at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:743)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invokeHome(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:294)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.LocalHomeProxy.invoke(LocalHomeProxy.java:110)
       at $Proxy193.create(Unknown Source)

I am using a third-party code generator that creates the deployment descriptors and all that stuff for me. I'm thinking that the problem lies somewhere there but I can't see what it is.

The DDL was created manually.

The symptom I am seeing is that the child elements are saved before the parent element. Since the constraints are defined on the database server (and I am not at liberty to remove them) it complains because the foreign key of the child points to a (as yet) non-existent parent. I don't understand what determines the storage order so I'm not sure what to change to make the parent be stored before the child(ren).

The database elements are created from a web page where all the data for the objects are collected and but in a Java object for storage.

My database server is SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP and I'm using JBoss 3.2.5.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

L