2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 6:21 AM by Tomasz Decker

    Jboss 8 deployment failed

    Tomasz Decker Newbie

      Hi,

       

      I created an ear file. When I start jboss8.1 locally the ear works. But when I upload it to remote server it give me, in *.ear.failed file, the following message:

       

      "{\"JBAS014671: Failed services\" => {\"jboss.deployment.unit.\\\"spiro-ear.ear\\\".WeldStartService\" => \"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\\\"spiro-ear.ear\\\".WeldStartService: 
      Failed to start service Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class\"}}"
      

       

      I found on ADAM BIEN'S WEBLOG the following post:

       

      http://www.adam-bien.com/roller/abien/entry/glassfish_jersey_exception_java_lang

       

      It's for Glassfish.

      Do you have any ideas what may be wrong, or at least how to set properties so the displayed information will be more precise?

       

      Thanks.

        • 1. Re: Jboss 8 deployment failed
          Tomaz Cerar Master

          Without stacktrace / server.log it would be hard to tell what is going on.

          • 2. Re: Jboss 8 deployment failed
            Tomasz Decker Newbie

            I don't know exactly what was a problem, but I compared my ear with the older one that worked and I noticed that in \spiro-web.war\WEB-INF\lib\ i have

             

            bootstrap-1.0.10.jar

             

             

            But in new one I had in \spiro-web.war\WEB-INF\lib\ :

             

            bootstrap-1.0.10.jar

            guava-annotations-r03.jar

            guava-base-r03.jar

            guava-collections-r03.jar

            guava-primitives-r03.jar

            icommon-wildfly-1.0.0.beta1.jar

            icore-wildfly-1.0.0.beta1.jar

            jboss-servlet-api_3.1_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar

            spiro-ejb-1.0.0.jar

             

            I kept only bootstrap-1.0.10.jar because the other files are in spiro-ear.ear\lib.

            Now it works.
            Thanks for reply.