If I deploy an .ear with the following layout:
      foo.ear:
      lib/
      lib/somelib.jar
      bar-ejb.jar

bar-ejb.jar:
      META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
      src/...

and MANIFEST.MF contains a Class-Path entry "lib/somelib.jar", shouldn't JBoss place "somelib.jar" in the classpath for that EJB? The spec requires this, but I have found that this isn't the case in JBoss. Has anyone gotten this to work?

-Pat

• 1. Re: MANIFEST Class-Path entries being used?
          davidjencks

Which jboss? I thought this worked in 2.4, and I'm virtually certain it works in 3.0

• 2. Re: MANIFEST Class-Path entries being used?
            lycono

I run JBoss 2.4.1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2 and have a similar problem.

My ear is as follows:

META-INF/application.xml
            META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
            testejb.jar
            test.war
            lib/test-client.jar

In both testejb.jar and test.war, the MANIFEST.MF file contains the following classpath entry:

Class-Path: ./lib/test-client.jar

Watching servlet.log, I see the following line while the application is being deployed:

added jar:file:/home/lycono/.JBoss-2.4.1_Tomcat-3.2.3/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/copy1002.zip!/lib/test-client.jar to the common classpath

However, JBoss extracts the test-client.jar file to /home/lycono/.JBoss-2.4.1_Tomcat-3.2.3/jboss/tmp/Default/lib1003.jar

There is no file /home/lycono/.JBoss-2.4.1_Tomcat-3.2.3/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/copy1002.zip

Is there a fix for this bug or something that I can change in my setup/configuration to get this to work?

Thanks.