0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2002 1:50 PM by jmiranda62

Jboss 2.4.3 verifier problem

jmiranda62

I'm building a system that has a couple of entity beans and a couple of session beans. I have deployed three of those so far (all in the same jar). However, I just tried to deploy the fourth bean and got some warnings from the JBoss' bean verifier (things like "method return values in home interface must be of valid types" and "methods in remote interface muyst include RemoteException in throws clause". No problem. I fixed those errors and then ran my build again. However, all of the same warnings showed up after deploying the bean again. I noticed that instead of using the new jar file from the build, Jboss tries to use a "cached" version (namely, dist/deploy/ciclismo-ejb.jar/ejb1001.jar) of the bean. Below is jboss' output from the deployment attempt. I've run the verifier over the "correct" jar file outside of jboss and it works fine, so I know the problem is with the "cached" jar. However, I deleted this cached jar file and the originally deployed jar ( dist/deploy/ciclismo-ejb.jar), redeployed the bean, and the error still occurs. I also tried to "touch" the ejb-jar.xml file in order to give the appearance that it has been modified. However this did not work either. Does anyone know of this problem? Thanks a lot in advance.

Justin

[Container factory] Deploying ReservationHome
      [Container factory] Deploying TripHome
      [Container factory] Deploying UserHome
      [Container factory] Deploying TripManagerHome
      [Container factory] java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
      [Container factory] at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Native Method)
      [Container factory] at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.BMPPersistenceManager.init(BMPPersistenceManager.java:84)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.init(EntityContainer.java:198)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.Application.init(Application.java:183)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:337)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:275)
      [Container factory] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      [Container factory] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      [Container factory] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startApplication(J2eeDeployer.java:435)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.deploy(J2eeDeployer.java:178)
      [Container factory] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      [Container factory] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:358)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:221)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.startService(AutoDeployer.java:332)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:93)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.util.ServiceControl.start(ServiceControl.java:97)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.Main.(Main.java:203)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:107)
      [Container factory] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:103)
      [J2EE Deployer Default] Starting ciclismo-ejb.jar failed!
      [J2EE Deployer Default] Module ciclismo-ejb.jar is not running
      [J2EE Deployer Default] Destroying application ciclismo-ejb.jar
      [Auto deploy] Deployment failed:file:/D:/JBoss-2.2.1_Tomcat-3.2.1/jboss/deploy/ciclismo-ejb.jar
      [Auto deploy] org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeploymentException: Error while starting ciclismo-ejb.jar: Could not deploy file:/D:/JBoss-2.2.1_Tomcat-3.2.1/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/ciclismo-ejb.jar
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startApplication(J2eeDeployer.java:441)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.deploy(J2eeDeployer.java:178)
      [Auto deploy] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      [Auto deploy] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      [Auto deploy] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:358)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:221)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.startService(AutoDeployer.java:332)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:93)
      [Auto deploy] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      [Auto deploy] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.util.ServiceControl.start(ServiceControl.java:97)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.Main.(Main.java:203)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:107)
      [Auto deploy] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      [Auto deploy] at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:103)
      [Auto deploy] Started