0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2004 3:17 AM by Sascha Kulawk

Isolation Problem - One Transaction affects anotherone

Sascha Kulawk Newbie

Hello,

I've a really strange problem.
      I have a long term Transaction (A) which takes about 5 minutes. During this transaction some other read access from a website are running and maybe also using beans that are changed / deleted though transaction A.
      For showing a website it is maybe not really necessary, that it will be blocked until the transaction A is ready, but however.
      The mysterious thing about this takes place if transaction A is finished and afterwords one of the blocked transactions will be resumed - in my case this transaction will access a bean that has been deleted and afterwords a new bean with the same primary key has been created.
      I got following error:
      Update failed. Expected one affected row: rowsAffected=0id=224108
      (Note, this is a read-only access!)

Strange enough, but the strangest thing about this is, that the transaction A has got a rollback as well - but without any notice! (The last statement in the transaction A will be shown in the log, the error occures afterwords and the stacktrace is from one website-access transaction.

Can anybody explain me the fault here?
      I've also tried to change the isolation level to READ_UNCOMITTED but in this case every website access is throwing an exception during the transaction A. All entity beans are "Instance per Transaction CMP 2.x".

Thank you for your help,

Sascha