2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2006 7:45 AM by rahul sood

    problems with deploying an ejb ear.

    rahul sood Newbie

      have an xxx.ear in my deploy directory. Majority of the jars in this ear are ejb implementations. i needed to make a very small change to one of the beans in a jar. I imported the package of the file into my eclipse IDE, opened the file and changed an error message. Thats all I did, did not touch any other file. I made a new jar of this. After that opened my xxx.ear in the winzip and replaced the said the new xxx.jar with the one that was already present.

      I then deployed the ear, into my deploy folder. Before I did this I made a copy of the old ear. I had already stopped the server. After adding the ear to the deploy folder I started the server and started getting an ejb-link error for the said ejb bean. could anyone please tell me what I did wrong because all I did was change a text in this file and did not touch any other file. If I replace this ear with the old one it works fine, but the one that I mad does not work.

        • 1. Re: problems with deploying an ejb ear.
          jaikiran pai Master

           

          After that opened my xxx.ear in the winzip and replaced the said the new xxx.jar with the one that was already present.


          My guess, is that this seems to be packaging issue. Try the following command out and post the output of the same:

          jar -tf myOld.ear


          and

          jar -tf myNew.ear


          Both these commands will display the contents of the ear files. Try comparing both the outputs, you might get a clue of whats gone wrong.



          • 2. Re: problems with deploying an ejb ear.
            rahul sood Newbie

            Thank you Jaikiran
            I figured it out....the problem was in packaging. one of the classes had an error relating to an import of a class which was to be found in another jar. I did not think that would cause any trouble in the creation of the new jar since once inside the ear the jar should be able to reference the correct classs. Apparantely this was causing trouble. Once I imported the classes from the other jar and then exported my jar once more, it worked fine.