1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2004 9:03 AM by itchiban

Jboss can't see image and .html files(Has been struggling fo

kenryu

hi;
      I'm using Jboss3.0.2 that comes with jetty. I have a jsp file that display .gif or .jpeg file and also .html files. But jetty in jboss3.0.2 won't display it. After reading from the forum (http://jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=50&thread=20826&message=3739806&q=addCOntext#3739806). I think I have to add new context to solve the problem and from what I know there are two ways to do that:
      1. Configure jboss-service.xml if I want to share the .gif , .jpeg or other image files and .html file with different .war or web apps.
      2. Configure jetty-web.xml for each .war or web apps that want to use image files or .html files. Other .war or web apps can't use the image or .html files.

I tried to configure jetty-web.xml (second way). Let's say if I have a.war package deployed and under a.war I have to folder called "images" for images files and "jsp" for all the jsp files. I want the .jsp files in the "jsp" folder be able to use image in the "images" folder. I tried to configure jetty-web.xml but jboss complains that
      ServingResources method can't be found. Below here is the jetty-web.xml that I use:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure 1.2//EN" "http://jetty.mortbay.org/configure_1_2.dtd">

/sharedimages/*
      /images/
      TRUE

Could someone give me a clear sample (jetty-web.xml and jboss-service.xml) and explanation of how to use both ways to share the image and .html files? This question has been floating around in the forum but no body really answer it cleary and I know I'm the only one who confuse here!!!! Please answer anyone, this forum is my last resort. Please reply, thank you very much before I appreciate it. Also Please tell me where can I get the jetty API for jboss3.0.2 because I can't find it on jetty web site.