1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2005 1:42 PM by wecoxepa

getting EL to work in jboss 4.0.1

wecoxepa

Hello. If somebody has a minute, I've been trying to redeploy a web app with jsp's converted from scriplets, etc to EL and tld's. I was having a problem becasue the EL was printing out as literal strings as opposed to printing their values. I've searched the forum and indeed found the web.xml pointed to jsp spec 2.3 rather than 2.4. I changed that but the container is still not reading EL. As a test, I placed the isELIgnored directive into the jsp and the container had no idea what that directive even was and returned an undefined error. So somehow it appears the 2.3 spec is still overriding the setting in web.xml pointing the webapp to 2.4.

I viewed the log and found these lines interesting...

2005-11-07 11:56:29,570 DEBUG [tomcat.localhost./invoker.Context] Configuring default Resources
      2005-11-07 11:56:30,010 DEBUG [tomcat.localhost./invoker.Context] Processing standard container startup
      2005-11-07 11:56:30,180 DEBUG [tomcat.localhost./invoker.Context] Setting deployment descriptor public ID to '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN'
      2005-11-07 11:56:30,400 DEBUG [tomcat.localhost./invoker.Context] Setting deployment descriptor public ID to '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN'

I have been deploying the war to the default/deploy directory. I looked through the configuration files but couldn't find any reference to 2.3. Am I missing something here?, like I said, I suspect a default setting, as described in the log, is overriding the setting in web.xml. Should I be deploying this to all/deploy? Thank you very much for reading this and for your time. ANy input is greatly appreciated at this point.