2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2007 4:42 AM by hakim55

JSF implementation issues in 5.0.0.Beta1

jason.dobies

We are seeing a conflict in trying to bundle a JSF implementation into our application when running in AS 5.0.0.Beta1. In order to get this to work, we had to comment out the following lines from the jbossweb.deployer/conf/web.xml:

<listener-class>org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener</listener-class>

<listener-class>com.sun.faces.application.WebappLifecycleListener</listener-class>

In particular, the JARs being included in our application are the Sun RI JSF and EL JARs:

jsf-impl-1.1_02.jar
      jsf-api-1.1_02.jar
      el-api-1.0.jar
      el-ri-1.0.jar

Not surprisingly, I want the configuration for my application to not affect the overall JBoss configuration. Is there something I'm missing in my application to override these listeners? More generally, is there a different way of introducing my own application level JSF implementation?

Thanks
      - J

• 1. Re: JSF implementation issues in 5.0.0.Beta1
          ssilvert

Why would you want to bundle your own version of the RI with your application? You can do that if you like, but it has some disadvantages:

1) You have to bundle RI jars with every JSF application.
          2) You lose resource injection for managed beans.
          3) You lose logging integration. So any log messages from the RI will look weird in the Log4J logs.
          4) You have to declare a config listener in your own web.xml.

I also don't understand why you would want to bundle your own EL jars. The ones that ship with JBoss are probably more current than what you are using.

I'm not asking to be snide or anything. This is new functionality to JBoss and I'd really like to know if there are legitimate reasons for doing what you are doing. After all, you wouldn't dream of bundling your own JSP compiler in your WAR. Why would you want to bundle your own JSF?

Also, see http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossWithJSFCDDL

Regards,

Stan

• 2. Re: JSF implementation issues in running JBoss 4.2.1GA
            hakim55

yes dear

I have the same problem

In order to run this version , I have to comment out the following lines from the jbossweb.deployer/conf/web.xml:

<listener-class>org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener</listener-class>

<listener-class>com.sun.faces.application.WebappLifecycleListener
            </listener-class>

my simple question is why should I have this problem from running before trying any web application in jsf or else ?

so when I comment the above listeners, the example in the link in this link above wouldn't work as it gives initialisation problem.

thanks a lot