0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2007 5:34 PM by B.W. Lightsey

How to deploy xsl so that servlet has access?

B.W. Lightsey Newbie

I have JBoss AppServer (jboss-4.2.1.GA) running on my Windows XP dev box and have a JSP that accesses a Servlet. The servlet returns xml content from Oracle and outputs it to the browser. The browser displays the xml correctly.

When I add a line to use a stylesheet to the Servlet, the browser returns an error stating that it can't access that location.

I tried to deploy the xsl in the WAR and access it directly (no path) but then I get "The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML documen..." which is the same error I get if I try to use a direct path that is incorrect so I assume it means that the AppServer (Tomcat?) cannot find the file.

If I save the page source that is returned (see below) and access it directly with IE, the xml displays through the xsl correctly.

I am assuming that this is a simple case of "where you put the file and how you reference it". Could someone suggest an alternative please?

This is not displaying the xml markup correctly.
      Returned XML:
      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1'?>
      <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="default.xsl"?>