3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2002 5:06 AM by trilobyt

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.proxy.ClientCont

niketanand

Hi All,
      I am using Jboss-3.0.0_Tomcat4.0.3. I am getting following problem while running in this environment
      javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)]
      I tried to put jboss-client.jar or other client jar in set classpath in run.bat, but it create problem while deploying ear file and give classnotfound exception of jboss.jar classes.
      What would be the solution for this. and Which jars files need to put in classpath and where to set that jars in classpath?
      Please reply asap.
      Thanks
      Niket

• 1. Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.proxy.Client
          marym

Hello,
          I have the same problem.
          Maybe you have now the solution, would you tell me?

Thanks Mary

• 2. Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.proxy.Client
            wafalungo

I solved it putting some JBoss JARs in the CLASSPATH , that weren't there before .
            The JARs I use are :
            c:\JBoss\client\jboss-client.jar;
            c:\JBoss\client\jnp-client.jar;
            c:\JBoss\client\jboss-j2ee.jar;
            c:\JBoss\client\jboss-common-lient.jar;
            c:\JBoss\client\log4j.jar

Hope it helps someone

• 3. Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.proxy.Client
              trilobyt

I had the same issue, and ensuring that the proper files you mentioned are part of my local classpath did solve the issue.

My concern is that this may be just a 'kludge' around an another issue. The exception message:

javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
              org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)]

is troublesome. Looks like the JBoss server was trying to send the org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer class over RMI, and because of some 'local' security manager established that it didn't have permission to load it, it just threw the exception.

I did set a SecurityManager in my code (I tried both SecurityManager and RMISecurityManger), with a security policy file to be 'wide opened'. Still, I had to set my classpath according to your suggestion.

Could it be that JBoss server 'forgot' to include the proper jar files in the codebase?

Just wandering, and would love not to have to make these files part of my 'local' classpath.

Kris

PS: I'm running on WinNT, under Netbeans 3.4, using JBoss 3.04_tomcat_4.1.12