0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2002 2:46 PM by brucec

JBoss 3.0 Security preventing topic connection

brucec

My stateful session bean is not being allowed to connect to my topic even though I'm not trying to do any security at this time. Is there a way to ignore this for now, or do I have to add security considerations now?

Here's stuff from the server log:
      2002-08-13 16:25:14,117 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILClientIL] ConnectionReceiverOILClient is connecting to: 172.16.3.45:1885
      2002-08-13 16:25:14,948 WARN [org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerILService] Client request resulted in a server exception:
      javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: Connection not authorized to subscribe to destination: ClientTopic
      at org.jboss.mq.security.ServerSecurityInterceptor.subscribe(ServerSecurityInterceptor.java:141)
      at org.jboss.mq.server.TracingInterceptor.subscribe(TracingInterceptor.java:599)
      at org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServerInvoker.subscribe(JMSServerInvoker.java:298)
      at org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerILService$Client.run(OILServerILService.java:287)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
      2002-08-13 16:25:15,098 INFO [STDOUT] ClientTopic exception: javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: Connection not authorized to subscribe to destination: ClientTopic

Oh, and to complicate it further, the stateful session bean is using an inner class (ClientTopic in last STDOUT statement) to be the topic consumer. It puts the message data in the bean's data space and sets the bean's boolean so it can return the data to the client via the listen() method.

Anyway, since the EJBs are in the same jar file and I've not specified any security (wanted to wait on that) I'm curious why the connection is not authorized?

Thanks in advance for any advice or hints.