3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2006 8:04 AM by jaikiran

Configure Custom JAAS Login module in JBoss

chintan_jboss

hi,

I have written Custom Login module using JAAS api. Now i want to configure it for Jboss app server? and i want to authenticate with my mysql db table (login table).

How can i do that?

I already configure for Tomcat. for that i kept my login.config file into /JAVA_HOME/lib/security folder.

What changes i have to make into jboss to configure this?

Thanks
      chintan

• 1. Re: Configure Custom JAAS Login module in JBoss
          jaikiran
          • 2. Re: Configure Custom JAAS Login module in JBoss
            chintan_jboss

Hi Jaikiran,

Example which you suggested implemets DatabaseServerLoginModule. Let me tell my case in details

following is my jaas.login.config file

myloginmodule{
            com.login.test.PasswordLoginModule required

authenticator = "com.login.test.authenticators.PasswordAuthImpl
            digestAlgo = "SHA1"
            datasource = ""
            };

now PasswordAuthImpl contains method authenticate(Map, username,pwd) to authenticate user.

Now my question is where do i put my jaas.login.config file in jboss so that it works as it is. and for db what changes i need to make?

Thanks
            Chintan

• 3. Re: Configure Custom JAAS Login module in JBoss
              jaikiran

Add the following to the login-config.xml file present in %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/conf directory:

<application-policy name="com.login.test.PasswordLoginModule">
               <authentication>
               <login-module code="com.login.test.authenticators.PasswordAuthImpl" flag="required">
               <module-option name="digestAlgo">SHA1</module-option>
               </login-module>
               </authentication>
               </application-policy>

As far creating the login module *configuration* in your own file(jaas.login.config) is concerned, i havent tried it myself, but here's an extract that i found from http://members.capmac.org/~orb/blog.cgi/tech/java/jaas_jboss.html

The documentation suggest that you can place an applications specific login-config.xml in your ear file, but I wasn't able to make it work. However, even though you provide the LoginModule definition in the global login-config.xml, you can still provide the implementation classes in your ear/war file. (you don't have to deploy the LoginModule separately)