3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2007 11:13 AM by soshah

Jboss SSO

maeste

Hi folks,

I'm studying a solution for single sign on for my company. I took a look to some product in open source world. I liked Jboss sso for his simplicity, but I have a doubt:
      Is possible to use jbosssso with PHP apps? We have a lot of jboss j2ee apps, but our marketing front end site is written in PHP. I need to have a web sso solution working with j2ee and PHP.

If there aren't PHP integrations already in place, did you plan some future works about? Can I eventually contribute?

• 1. Re: Jboss SSO
          soshah

Stefano-

JBoss SSO uses SAML (an XML based standard) for securely communicating its assertions between the web applications. Hence, since its XML based you can easily intergrate web application regardless of the platform that they are running on (Java, J2EE, PHP, .Net) etc.

However, the JBoss SSO project out-of-the-box provides the Web SSO orchestration layer (SAML processing layer) which intergrates with J2EE applications and Tomcat. With this for J2EE applications, JBoss SSO is a drop in and does not require any special coding on the web application side.

I am thinking for your PHP application, you will either need to create your own PHP-based Web SSO orchestration layer.

If you can create a generic enough orchestration layer written in PHP, we would love for it to be contributed to the JBoss SSO project as an add on component

So to answer your question:

f there aren't PHP integrations already in place, did you plan some future works about? Can I eventually contribute?

We have no plans to create a PHP integration at this time. If you create the integration and it works, we would love to include it as an add-on to the project

Thanks

• 2. Re: Jboss SSO
            maeste

"sohil.shah@jboss.com" wrote:

We have no plans to create a PHP integration at this time. If you create the integration and it works, we would love to include it as an add-on to the project

Thanks

Ok, it's clear. Thanks for the answer.
            I'm more expert of java than PHP, but I'd like to take a look.

Just a last question to understand better in which direction to look forward:
            Are you using (or planning to use) some WS-* based orchestration in SSO (BTW I'm one of two folks who implemented ws-policy for jbossws)?

• 3. Re: Jboss SSO
              soshah

Stefano-

Are you using (or planning to use) some WS-* based orchestration in SSO

Currently, the main focus of the framework is on web based single sign on (browser based sso orchestration among different web applications/web sites)

A natural evolution of the the framework would definitely be supporting SSO orchestration between web service end points.

Thanks