3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2003 6:43 AM by roxburd

Remote Queue

helgi

Hi there!

My problem:
      I want to have a sessionbean delivering messages to a queue.
      The message consumer is a remote application listening to a local queue (at the remote server).
      I want to solve this problem without letting the sessionbean know the real destination (the remote queue)

As far as I remember with MQSeries I had to define a "remote queue" delivering the message to the "real" queue on the remote machine.
      Is there some similar mechanism in jboss?
      Or do I have to define a "remote JNDI thing" as I read at another topic?

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Remote Queue
          roxburd

Hi helgi,

We've been trying to do the same thing. We also want the local queue to guarantee delivery, persisting the event until it's delivered (maybe you require the same feature).
          As far as we've been able to determine, in order to get the persistence, it seems that you have to set up a free-standing local queue and run a local consumer to spool off the local queue and send to the remote queue.
          If you don't want the persistence you can look up the remote queue by JNDI and create a session (?) to it and send that way.

Dave

• 2. Re: Remote Queue
            helgi

Hi Dave,

I feared your propostioin would be the answer. What are your experiences with that solution? It sounds not very portable...
            Do you know wheather there is a "clean" solution planned?

helgi

• 3. Re: Remote Queue
              roxburd

> What are your experiences with that solution?

Ha! I'll let you know when we've had some! ;-)

Dave