5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2003 12:30 AM by stephanenicoll

Local class not compatible error

chuckharris

I am getting an error when sending a jms message. The message is sent successfully when
      sent from within the application server. But if I try to run the client from the command
      line to send a message to the application server, the following exception is thrown:

setting up logging for messages.JMSMessageUtils
      javax.naming.NamingException: Invalid reference. Error: org.jboss.mq.GenericConnectionFactory;
      Local class not compatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID=2288420610006129296 local class
      serialVersionUID=-3631035586055025610
      at org.jboss.mq.referenceable.ObjectRefAddr.extractObjectRefFrom(ObjectRefAddr.java:82)
      at org.jboss.mq.referenceable.SpyConnectionFactoryObjectFactory.getObjectInstance
      (SpyConnectionFactory
      ObjectFactory.java:45)
      at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:299)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:437)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:333)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:345)
      at messages.JMSMessageUtils.jndiLookup(JMSMessageUtils.java)
      at messages.JMSMessageUtils.getQueueConnectionFactory(JMSMessageUtils.java)
      at messages.EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.send(EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.java:108)
      at messages.EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.main(EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.java:210)
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at messages.EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.send(EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.java:108)
      at messages.EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.main(EfilingAsyncObjectMessageClient.java:210)

The class is the same as is the jar in which it is contained. There is a copy of the jar
      in the server/default/lib dir but the jar in the classpath of the command window is where
      ant builds it.
      I put the jar in the lib dir in the classpath but that did not solve the problem.
      What is wrong?