0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2007 11:11 AM by gunterr

Exception in thread

gunterr

Hello,

I am using JBoss4.0.3SP1 with Java 1.5.0.0.12 on a Windows 2003 Server. I have created a topic on the server where the clients can subscribe to via http.

I have adapted the jboss-service.xml in deploy/jms/jbossmq-httpil.sar/META-INF as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE server>
      <server>
       <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.il.http.HTTPServerILService"
       name="jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=HTTP">
       <depends optional-attribute-name="Invoker">jboss.mq:service=Invoker</depends>
       <depends>jboss.web:service=WebServer</depends>
       <attribute name="ConnectionFactoryJNDIRef">HTTPConnectionFactory</attribute>
       <attribute name="XAConnectionFactoryJNDIRef">HTTPXAConnectionFactory</attribute>
       <attribute name="PingPeriod">10000</attribute>
       <attribute name="TimeOut">60</attribute>
       <attribute name="RestInterval">0</attribute>
       </mbean>
      </server>

In order to detect if a client did not unsubscribe, I have added a ClientMonitorInterceptor in the deploy/jms/jbossmq-service.xml
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- $Id: jbossmq-service.xml,v 1.24.2.1 2005/06/01 05:56:44 starksm Exp $ -->

<server>

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
       <!-- JBossMQ -->

<!-- JBossMQ Interceptor chain configuration -->
       <!-- To tune performance, you can have the Invoker skip over the TracingInterceptor -->
       <!-- and/or the SecurityManager, but then you loose the ability to trace and/or enforce security. -->
       <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Invoker" name="jboss.mq:service=Invoker">
       <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=TracingInterceptor</depends>
       <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
       </mbean>

<mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.InterceptorLoader" name="jboss.mq:service=TracingInterceptor">
       <attribute name="InterceptorClass">org.jboss.mq.server.TracingInterceptor</attribute>
       <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>
       </mbean>

<mbean code="org.jboss.mq.security.SecurityManager" name="jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager">
       <attribute name="DefaultSecurityConfig">
       <security>
       <role name="guest" read="true" write="true" create="true"/>
       </security>
       </attribute>
       <attribute name="SecurityDomain">java:/jaas/jbossmq</attribute>
       <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=ClientMonitorInterceptor</depends>
       </mbean>

<!--
       | The ClientMonitorInterceptor disconnects clients that have been idle for to long.
       | This interceptor is not enabled by default since the server might disconnect clients
       | when the it is under high load.
       -->

<mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.ClientMonitorInterceptor" name="jboss.mq:service=ClientMonitorInterceptor">
       <attribute name="ClientTimeout">80000</attribute>
       <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
       </mbean>

<!--
       | The ClientReconnectInterceptor is used to allow a client to connect to the server even
       | if it's clientID is allready being used by another client. This interceptor will disconnect
       | the previously connected client to allow the new connection to succeed. This is not enabled
       | by default since the JMS spec states that the 2nd client connecting to the server with the same
       | id should get an exception.
       -->
       <!--
       <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.InterceptorLoader" name="jboss.mq:service=ClientReconnectInterceptor">
       <attribute name="InterceptorClass">org.jboss.mq.server.ClientReconnectInterceptor</attribute>
       <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
       </mbean>
       -->
       <!-- System Destinations -->

<!-- Dead Letter Queue -->
       <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
       name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=DLQ">
       <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
       <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>
       </mbean>

</server>

I tested this succesfully on our developing machine. I let the client crash and after a few seconds, the server noticed this and removed the subscription from the nondurable subscriptions list.
      I made the same configuration on the customer's site and it worked well for two days. After that, I found the following exception in our server logs:

2007-11-28 11:23:31,718 INFO STDOUT : Exception in thread "ClientMonitor Service Thread"
      2007-11-28 11:23:31,718 INFO STDOUT : java.lang.NullPointerException
      2007-11-28 11:23:31,718 INFO STDOUT : at org.jboss.mq.server.ClientMonitorInterceptor.disconnectInactiveClients(ClientMonitorInterceptor.java:55)
      2007-11-28 11:23:31,718 INFO STDOUT : at org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.ClientMonitorInterceptor$1.run(ClientMonitorInterceptor.java:64)
      2007-11-28 11:23:31,718 INFO STDOUT : at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

After this, inactive subscriptions aren't detected anymore on the server.

I searched the forums, jira bug list, faqs, but couldn't find anything pointing to this particular problem.

thanks in advance for anyone who can answer my question.
      Gunter