ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error initi

kaba

hello the community,
      ich i eager to test the new jopr.
      But wenn i try to start the agent i get the following exeption:
      Thank you for your precious time.
      bate

#################BEGIN##################
      2008-11-01 08:44:21,940 INFO [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.communications.ServiceContainer)- {ServiceContainer.global-concurrency-limit-disabled}Global concurrency limit has been disabled - there is no limit to the number of incoming commands allowed
      2008-11-01 08:44:21,997 INFO [main] (enterprise.communications.command.server.CommandServiceDirectory)- {CommandServiceDirectory.dynamic-discovery-allowed}Command Service Directory has been allowed to perform dynamic discovery
      2008-11-01 08:44:22,005 INFO [main] (enterprise.communications.command.server.CommandServiceDirectory)- {CommandServiceDirectory.new-supported-command}Command [echo] is now supported by [rhq.remoting:type=command,subsystem=RHQ,id=1]
      2008-11-01 08:44:22,006 INFO [main] (enterprise.communications.command.server.CommandServiceDirectory)- {CommandServiceDirectory.new-supported-command}Command [identify] is now supported by [rhq.remoting:type=command,subsystem=RHQ,id=2]
      2008-11-01 08:44:22,008 INFO [main] (enterprise.communications.command.server.CommandServiceDirectory)- {CommandServiceDirectory.new-supported-command}Command [remotepojo] is now supported by [rhq.remoting:type=command,subsystem=RHQ,id=3]
      2008-11-01 08:44:22,082 INFO [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.communications.ServiceContainer)- {ServiceContainer.started}Service container started - ready to accept incoming commands
      2008-11-01 08:44:23,142 INFO [RHQ Agent Registration Thread] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.agent-registration-results}Agent has successfully registered with the server. The results are: [AgentRegistrationResults: [agent-token=1224950437142-1661625628-6538799527370050006]]
      2008-11-01 08:44:23,251 INFO [RHQ Server Polling Thread] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.PluginUpdate)- {PluginUpdate.updating-complete}Completed updating the plugins to their latest versions.
      2008-11-01 08:44:23,251 INFO [RHQ Server Polling Thread] (enterprise.communications.command.client.ServerPollingThread)- {ServerPollingThread.server-online}The server has come back online; client has been told to start sending commands again
      2008-11-01 08:44:25,277 INFO [main] (org.rhq.core.pc.PluginContainer)- Initializing Plugin Container v1.1.0.GA...
      2008-11-01 08:44:26,182 ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error initializing plugin container
      java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin [JMX] does not exist in the dependency graph yet
      at org.rhq.core.clientapi.agent.metadata.PluginDependencyGraph.getDeepDependencies(PluginDependencyGraph.java:217)
      at org.rhq.core.clientapi.agent.metadata.PluginDependencyGraph.getDeepDependencies(PluginDependencyGraph.java:226)
      at org.rhq.core.clientapi.agent.metadata.PluginDependencyGraph.getDeploymentOrder(PluginDependencyGraph.java:163)
      at org.rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager.initialize(PluginManager.java:111)
      at org.rhq.core.pc.PluginContainer.startContainerService(PluginContainer.java:279)
      at org.rhq.core.pc.PluginContainer.initialize(PluginContainer.java:212)
      at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.startPluginContainer(AgentMain.java:1409)
      at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.start(AgentMain.java:493)
      at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.main(AgentMain.java:347)
      2008-11-01 08:44:26,183 FATAL [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.startup-error}The agent encountered an error during startup and must abort
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot initialize the plugin container
      at org.rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager.initialize(PluginManager.java:163)
      at org.rhq.core.pc.PluginContainer.startContainerService(PluginContainer.java:279)
      at org.rhq.core.pc.PluginContainer.initialize(PluginContainer.java:212)
      at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.startPluginContainer(AgentMain.java:1409)
      at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.start(AgentMain.java:493)
      at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.main(AgentMain.java:347)
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin [JMX] does not exist in the dependency graph yet
      at org.rhq.core.clientapi.agent.metadata.PluginDependencyGraph.getDeepDependencies(PluginDependencyGraph.java:217)
      at org.rhq.core.clientapi.agent.metadata.PluginDependencyGraph.getDeepDependencies(PluginDependencyGraph.java:226)
      at org.rhq.core.clientapi.agent.metadata.PluginDependencyGraph.getDeploymentOrder(PluginDependencyGraph.java:163)
      at org.rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager.initialize(PluginManager.java:111)
      ... 5 more
      2008-11-01 08:44:26,183 INFO [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.shutting-down}Agent is being shut down...
      2008-11-01 08:44:26,192 INFO [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.communications.ServiceContainer)- {ServiceContainer.shutting-down}Service container shutting down...
      2008-11-01 08:44:26,192 INFO [main] (org.rhq.enterprise.communications.ServiceContainer)- {ServiceContainer.shutdown}Service container shut down - no longer accepting incoming commands

• 1. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
          mazz

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin [JMX] does not exist in the dependency graph yet

could mean the JMX plugin isn't deployed - either you don't have the JMX plugin deployed on the server for the agent to pull down OR the agent did try to pull it down but failed for some reason (though in that case, I would think you would have seen an error in the logs about that).

Go into your agent's "plugins" directory and see if you have the rhq-jmx-plugin-#.#.#.jar. If you do have it - is it OK? (i.e. is it corrupted somehow?).

Then go to your RHQ Server's GUI - specifically, point your browser to Administration > List Plugins and see if see the JMX plugin in the list.

To debug something like this, set this environment variable in your command line shell:

RHQ_AGENT_DEBUG=true

then re-run your agent and see what your logs say. Before you do this, I would completely delete your agent's /plugins directory to force it to redownload them all from the server, just to see what it does.

The log files should have more debug messages in it to hopefully find out what is wrong.

You could also look in your server's log and make sure the JMX plugin got detected over there (at startup, you should see messages that the server is deploying plugins - make sure it successfully found and deployed the JMX plugin).

(I assume you are running RHQ from a binary download - in which case, the JMX plugin should have been available in the server. If you build from source, that should still be the case - but maybe something happened during your build that failed to create the jmx plugin for you).

• 2. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
            donlyon

I'm getting the same issue trying to start the agent. When I list the plugins on the server, I get:
            - GRUB Boot Loader
            - Tomcat Web Application Container
            - Hosts Server
            - Apt
            - Abstract Database

I don't see a JMX plugin listed. In the server log, I see:
            :2009-01-06 14:07:01,447 INFO [org.rhq.enterprise.server.core.plugin.ProductPluginDeployer] Deploying RHQ plugin JMX (Generic JMX), version 1.1.0.GA...

There are no error messages following that so it would appear that the plugin deployed. The file, rhq-jmx-plugin-1.1.0.GA.jar, does exist in the deploy/rhq.ear/rhq-downloads/rhq-plugins directory.

Should I see a lot more plugins listed on the server? If they are failing to load, where do I go to see why?

Thanks

• 3. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
              mazz

When I list the plugins on the server

What do you mean when you say you "list the plugins on the server"? What command did you run?

You would have to look in the agent's plugins/ directory to see what's there ("plugins info" agent prompt command tells you info about them too). Look in the agent log file for any error messages.

I'm at a loss why this is happening - I haven't see this while working in HEAD, I'm wondering if some recent work done in the plugin deployment stuff has fixed this???

• 4. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
                donlyon

By "list the plugins on the server", I mean using the GUI and going to Administration -> Manage Plugins.

In the agents/plugins directory, I see the 5 jar files corresponding to the five plugins listed on the server, so it downloaded those fine from the server. I'm wondering if the rest of the plugins aren't getting deployed properly on the server, I just don't see any errors in the log.

I'll try building a snapshot from head and see what happens.

• 5. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
                  donlyon

Ok, trying to run a snapshot from head, I ran into the following issue:

When I start the server, I go to the login page instead of the installation page. I'm using the enterprise profile when I build. There are a bunch of .rej files in the deploy directory but rhq.ear does not have the .rej.

I remember reading something about a way on startup to force the installer to run again, but I can't for the life of me find those instructions anywhere...

Here's the maven command I ran:
                  mvn install -Penterprise,dev -Dmaven.test.skip=true

• 6. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
                    mazz

You probably built with the enterprise profile overtop an already built and installed server.

you should clean out your modules/enterprise/server/container/target as well as delete your dev-container. Then rebuild.

• 7. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
                      mazz

FYI: this has just been written up in JIRA:

http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-1397

At least we have replication procedures. I'm gonna spend some time to see if I can finally nail this down.

• 8. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
                        mazz

I think I got this fixed now. New code is in trunk (svn rev 2742 ).

I think the error "Plugin [JMX] does not exist in the dependency graph yet" happened because a new JMX plugin was pulled down but for some odd reason the agent was not able to read that updated plugin.

If you want to try out this fix, svn update and build.

Let me know if anyone sees this error again. If you DO see this error, please start up the agent with debug turned on (set environment variable RHQ_AGENT_DEBUG before starting the agent), rerun the agent and replicate the error, zip up the agent log file and then write up another RHQ JIRA and attach your agent log. I'm gonna need to see exactly what happened prior to the error. But, all that said, I think I fixed this.

• 9. Re: ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.plugin.PluginManager)- Error i
                          mazz

FYI: I'm pretty sure this bug occurred due to this SUN bug:

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5041014

If you care about some gory details, you can read my blog entry about this issue at:

http://management-platform.blogspot.com/2009/01/classloaders-keeping-jar-files-open.html