Thanks for the link, however if you are implying that my post constitutes either; a) bad behaviour or b) a bad question then I am a little confused.
No it falls into the "It does not work" category.
i.e. too little relevent information.
Nobody wants to play 20 questions with you try to understand what your
problem is. They will just press back on the browser and look for a question
they can understand.
As an exercise, let's dissect your post:
I recently posted to this forum about a problem that I am having when I deploy XMBean content within an EAR file.
Provide a link so we know what you talking about. I would guess it was ignored
for the same reason as this post.
All my non XMBean content is invalidated by the Jboss 3.2.3 container.
"Invalidation of non XMBean content" makes no sense? I helped write
a lot of this, but I've got no idea what your talking about.
However when I deploy the XMBean SAR components separately everything works fine.
That proves your sars are ok, so the problem is obviously something with the ear
I have not had any response to my original post, so now I am wondering if anyone can report that they have successfully deployed XMBean content using the jboss-app.xml proprietary deployment descriptor? My desired archive layout is along the following lines
META-INF/application.xml (identifies EJB, WAR and POJO content)
META-INF/jboss-app.xml (identifies SAR content )
If you know what you are doing (which is suggested by your comment)
you will know the deployment of the sars is determined by jboss-app.xml
but you haven't posted that important piece of information?
When I omit the XMBean SAR components and deploy them separately everything works fine. Ideally I would like a single deployment unit however. I would appreciate any tips anyone might have
This just repeats what you have previously stated without adding anything
Additionally, if you have made an effort to understand what is going on, you will
have looked at the lines in the server.log where the ear/sars are deployed,
in particular any error messages?
Without this information, it is impossible for anybody else to see what is happening.
In summary, your post is just "I tried this and it does not work", then a moan
about nobody responding.
Mea culpa. Sorry I was just getting a little frustrated - the problem appears to have come from some example XMBean code from the 'Admin & Dev Guide' that I 'enhanced' in my own app.
A seemingly innuocuous NamingException was being thrown when trying to unbind a non existent JNDI name when the XMBean was first loaded.
This apparently resulted in other non XMBean content failing to be loaded successfully down the track. The XMBean exposes its JNDI name as an attribute, and as part of the initialisation this attribute is set (also resulting in an attempt to deregister an exitsing JNDI name, and regsiter the new name).
I guess that the moral of the story is to always investigate what may appear to be an unrelated harmless problem.
Sorry for the static.
Thanks and regards,