3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2004 11:59 PM by genman

mbeanserver persistence

razor_harm

Hi all,

I use the: service=DestinationManager (org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.DestinationManager) mbean to create a new Queue in the JMX console. I invoke the createQueue(String name) method.

This works nicely. I see the queue created and it appears in the jboss.mq.destination domain.

However when I restart JBoss my newly created Queue is disapeared.
      I think that this is because there is no deployment descriptor for this queue.

Is there any way to save/persist my newly created queue's using the JMX-console?

Many thanks,

Harm de Laat

• 1. Re: mbeanserver persistence
          razor_harm

Nobody? I'm realy stuck on this....

• 2. Re: mbeanserver persistence
            dimitris

Hi,

currently there is no way to do this, unless you create an MBean of yours that simply outputs the appropriate deployment descriptor in the ./deploy directory.

For queues and topics that shouldn'be be difficult.

We really should make a service like this, I'm just wondering how to make it a bit "generic". At the low level writing to a file the "validated" mbean descriptor will do, but different services require different attributes, so it's not that easy.

Regards
            /Dimitris

• 3. Re: mbeanserver persistence
              genman

You could create a simple -service.xml that selects from the database a list of queues in your (JMS?) DB and then creates them upon start up.