1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2008 1:42 PM by peterj

Uisng Twiddle in the cron job

youareapkman

Hi all,

I don’t know if the questions of Twiddle should be posted in this forum. Please kindly inform me if I posted in the incorrect forum.

My problem is about using twiddle in the cron job. When testing the following command in the command line, it runs successfully.

[root@host]$ /u01/app/jboss/bin/twiddle.sh --server=jnp://server.name:1199 get "jboss.system:service=ThreadPool" "QueueSize"
      QueueSize=0

But when I run the same command in the cron job, it gives me the following error:

12:34:02,355 ERROR [Twiddle] Exec failed
      org.jboss.util.NestedRuntimeException: Can't find property: java.naming.factory.initial; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Can't find property: java.naming.factory.initial)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle$1.getServer() (Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.command.MBeanServerCommand.getMBeanServer() (Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.command.GetCommand.execute(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
      Caused by: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Can't find property: java.naming.factory.initial
       at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(java.util.Hashtable) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
       at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx() (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
       at javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
       at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.createMBeanServerConnection() (Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.connect() (Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.access$300(org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle) (Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle$1.getServer() (Unknown Source)
       ...3 more

I know that the cron job will run in a totally different environment than the environment the user logged into the shell, so is this issue due to the environmental variables of the Java and JBoss? I have already correctly set the JAVA_HOME, PATH environmental variables inside the script. What other environmental variables that I need to set when using the twiddle in the cron job environment.

Regards