2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2002 4:00 PM by acaruso

Apache+(Tomcat/JBoss) accross servers

acaruso

Ok, I will admit, I know little about J2EE architecture, I am just the guy responsible for setting up the servers.

Here is what I want
      Box 1 Box2
      Apache <--------> JBoss/Tomcat

I started by using Warp connectors and I can get the following.

Laptop <--> Apache (works)

Laptop <--> Apache <---> Tomcat Standalone, no JBoss (works)

Laptop <---> Tomcat <--> JBoss (works)

Laptop <---> Apache <---> Tomcat/JBoss (no workie)

It seems the Tomcat gets a message, but JBoss doesn't respond to (Apache || Tomcat).

I can post the configs if it would help.

Anyone know how I can get this to work?

Thanks.

-Tony

• 1. Re: Apache+(Tomcat/JBoss) accross servers
          cfs1

I've gotten my config to work using mod_webapp.

See my post and the attached text file. I am on a Solaris 8 machine though...so your milage may^H^H..er...will..vary. :)

http://main.jboss.org/thread.jsp?forum=61&thread=11193

-cs

• 2. Re: Apache+(Tomcat/JBoss) accross servers
            acaruso

cs:

I checked through what you have, but it still doesn't work. I am trying to do this across 2 boxes. My Apache box only has the OS and Apache and mod_webapp. Nothing else. The JBoss is more or less out-of-the-box + modifications you recommended (jar ROOT.war, etc).

Here is an odd behavior I've observed: Connecting to the JBoss/Tomcat box on 8008 returns HTTP. That is, it doen't appear to be running the Warp protocol. I have looked through the source of EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.java and noticed that HTTP and Debug=0 are the defaults, which is exactly what I see when Catalina starts up. That is the Config line in jboss.jcml <Connector classname="org....
            doesn't seem to set any attributes for the EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX class. It seems only the defaults are used.

Here may be more clues:
            Upon JBOSS startup, the server.log indicates there is an error of sorts
            [ConfigurationService] "Detected JMX Bug Server reports attribute 'Deployers ' is not wrtiable for MBean 'EJB:service="AutoDeployer'

I get the same for ResourceAdapterName and JMSProviderLoader.

JBoss 2.4.4+Tomcat

Any ideas?