1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2002 12:14 PM by nakamurt

MS SQL 2000 not working with JBOSS 2.4.4

rgjawanda

I downloaded the driver from Microsoft for JDBC connectivity to Win 2000 SQL server.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/2000/jdbc.asp

I then added this to my jboss.jcml
      The oracle 9i datasource connects fine but then hangs on the MS SQL datasource. I tested the connection as an alternate test using the ODBC driver. It connects fine so I know my database works ok and the URL is correct.
      For those of you that don't know the double name in the URL is for a second instance. SQL 7 and 2000 are installed on the same machine.

It hangs with this
      cheFactory
      [INFO,JaasSecurityManagerService] startService, SecurityProxyFactory=org.jboss.s
      ecurity.SubjectSecurityProxyFactory@b33d0a
      [INFO,JaasSecurityManagerService] Started
      [INFO,JdbcProvider] Starting
      [INFO,JdbcProvider] Started
      [INFO,MS SQLSERVER2000] Starting
      [INFO,MS SQLSERVER2000] XA Connection pool MS SQLSERVER2000 bound to java:/MS SQ
      LSERVER2000

I know that when my TNS listener is down I get the same sort of response from the OracleDS so I believe it can't find the machine. Anybody experience similar problems with SQL 2000??

Hope so and that you know how to fix it.
      Thanks
      Ron

------------------------------

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver,oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

-----------------------------

Then this for ORACLE
      --------------------------------

OracleDS
      org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=(address=(host=bmdrjawanda)(protocol=tcp)(port=1521))(connect_data=(sid=devdwh)))
      developer
      developer
      false
      false
      false
      true
      false
      false

------------------------
      And this for MS SQL

MS SQLSERVER2000
      org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://bmdiwali2k//bmdiwali2k:1433;user=sa;password=bigboss;selectMethod=cursor

false
      false
      false
      true
      false
      false

---------------------

------------------

• 1. Re: MS SQL 2000 not working with JBOSS 2.4.4
          nakamurt

Doesn't SQL 2000 work on a different port number? I think its 1486. You could use the server network utility to verify the port number of the second instance of 2000. The other instance should probably be on 1433. You will have to add an MBean for each SQL instance.

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://computername:1486;user=sa;password=bigboss;selectMethod=cursor