7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2002 4:10 PM by roger01

error running jboss

jzeil

Im trying to set up jboss in windowsXP.

I just downloaded the binary distrubution. Unpacked it, set up my JBOSS_HOME enviroment variable and ran the run.bat script.

I get all sorts of errors and warnings... a sample of them is included below.

Any insight into this would help greatly... Im stuck.

(I did see in the user manual it mentioned setting JBOSS up as a service... i didnt do this... is this required or can i just click the run.bat file to start it up when I want it running?)

12:24:19,810 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/C:/java/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/serve
      r/default/lib/castor.jar references URL file:/C:/java/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/lib/xerces.jar, which could not be opened, entry ignored
      12:24:19,810 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/C:/java/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/lib/castor.jar references URL file:/C:/java/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/lib/jd
      bc-se2.0.jar, which could not be opened, entry ignored
      12:24:19,810 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/C:/java/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/serve
      r/default/lib/castor.jar references URL file:/C:/java/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/lib/jn
      di.jar, which could not be opened, entry ignored

12:24:21,795 ERROR [STDERR] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\java\jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3\bin\conf
      ig\security.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
      12:24:21,795 ERROR [STDERR] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
      12:24:21,795 ERROR [STDERR] at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:59)
      12:24:21,795 ERROR [STDERR] at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:90)
      12:24:21,795 ERROR [STDERR] at com.sun.enterprise.util.Utility.getPropertiesFromFile(Utility.jav
      a:42)

• 1. Re: error running jboss

com.sun.enterprise.util.Utility.getPropertiesFromFile

Looks like you got some jars from the J2ee RI in the
          classpath. Check jre/lib/ext if it is not obvious.

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: error running jboss
            roger01

I have received a similar set of warnings as follows:

09:51:59,932 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/castor.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/xerces.jar, which could not be opened, entry ignored
            09:51:59,932 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/castor.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/jdbc-se2.0.jar, which could not be opened, entry ignored
            09:51:59,933 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/castor.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/jndi.jar, which could not be opened, entry ignored
            09:51:59,933 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/castor.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/server/default/lib/jta1.0.1.jar which could not be opened, entry ignored

09:52:05,282 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/commons-logging.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/log4j.jar which could not be opened, entry ignored
            09:52:05,286 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/commons-logging.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/log4j-core.jar which could not be opened, entry ignored

09:52:05,287 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/tomcat-util.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/log4j.jar which could not be opened, entry ignored
            09:52:05,287 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/tomcat-util.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/log4j-core.jar which could not be opened, entry ignored
            09:52:05,288 WARN [MainDeployer] The manifest entry in file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/tomcat-util.jar
            references URL file:/etc/jboss-3.0.2/catalina/server/lib/mx4j.jar which could not be opened, entry ignored

The reason for the warnings is that the specified files are not actually present. My question is firstly should these files have come with the download? Secondly do I need these files and if so where should I obtain these files from?

Thanks in anticipation
            Roger

• 3. Re: error running jboss

These are third party jars, JBoss provides these
              classes using different mechanisms or they are in the
              JRE from 1.3+

Regards,
              Adrian

• 4. Re: error running jboss
                roger01

Does that mean that I can ignore these warnings? Is there any value in removing the class-path entries from the appropriate MANIFEST.MF files and then re-assembling the JAR file, so that these warnings no longer appear?

Regards,
                Roger

• 5. Re: error running jboss
                  roger01

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am running:
                  Linux 2.4.9-34,i386 and
                  Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.4.0-b92,Sun Microsystems Inc.

Regards,
                  Roger

• 6. Re: error running jboss

Yes you can ignore them.
                    Change the MANIFEST.MF, if you like.

Regards,
                    Adrian

• 7. Re: error running jboss
                      roger01

Thanks
                      Roger