4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2003 8:15 PM by kellymac

MySQL Datasource

olirefle

Hi guys,
      i have the problem that my mysql datasourc is not deployed. when trying it with jboss.3.0.6 under windows it works but not under jboss-3.0.5 and Linux (Red Hat). I always get the following error:
      16:07:00,936 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
      Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
      Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:

MBeans waiting for classes:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
      [ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=MySqlDS
      state: CONFIGURED
      I Depend On: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxDS,name=MySqlDS
      jboss.jca:service=LocalTxPool,name=MySqlDS
      jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager
      jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager
      jboss.jca:service=RARDeployer

Depends On Me: ]

I hope you can help me out. Here is my mysql-service.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- ===================================================================== -->
      <!-- -->
      <!-- JBoss Server Configuration -->
      <!-- -->
      <!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
      <!-- New ConnectionManager setup for mysql using 2.0.11 driver -->
      <!-- Build jmx-api (build/build.sh all) and view for config documentation -->
      <!-- ==================================================================== -->

<depends optional-attribute-name="ManagedConnectionFactoryName">
      <!--embedded mbean-->

MySqlDS

<!--<config-property name="ConnectionURL" type="java.lang.String">jdbc:mysql://localhost/budget</config-property>-->
      <config-property name="ConnectionURL" type="java.lang.String">jdbc:mysql://trurl.popularix.net/budget</config-property>
      <config-property name="DriverClass" type="java.lang.String">org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</config-property>
      <!--set these only if you want only default logins, not through JAAS -->
      <config-property name="UserName" type="java.lang.String">budget</config-property>
      <config-property name="Password" type="java.lang.String">budget</config-property>

<!--Below here are advanced properties -->
      <!--hack-->
      <depends optional-attribute-name="OldRarDeployment">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name=JBoss LocalTransaction JDBC Wrapper

<depends optional-attribute-name="ManagedConnectionPool">
      <!--embedded mbean-->

<!--criteria indicates if Subject (from security domain) or app supplied
      parameters (such as from getConnection(user, pw)) are used to distinguish
      connections in the pool. Choices are
      ByContainerAndApplication (use both),
      ByContainer (use Subject),
      ByApplication (use app supplied params only),
      ByNothing (all connections are equivalent, usually if adapter supports
      reauthentication)-->
      ByContainer

<depends optional-attribute-name="CachedConnectionManager">jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager

<depends optional-attribute-name="JaasSecurityManagerService">jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager

java:/TransactionManager
      <!--make the rar deploy! hack till better deployment-->

I copied the mysql-connector.jar to $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib which is the started server config

thx

• 1. Re: MySQL Datasource
          kaupta

Hello,

I am trying to configure mysql with windows about 2 weeks but no success. If you have working example can you please post it with all .xml files or email to me at mpso1973@yahoo.com.

Thanks
          Ap

• 2. Re: MySQL Datasource
            k-os

Hi,

it's a Dependancy Problem...

you simply have to make sure that:

jboss.jca:service=LocalTxPool,name=MySqlDS
            jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager
            jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager

are deployed under the mentioned names (the 'name=' in the mbean tag) in the server... I'm sorry but I don't know which one usually will be missing :)

• 3. Re: MySQL Datasource
              kellymac

Hi,

I am having the same problem with MySql and JBoss. I have a web site that I am re-purposing. It works grate on Red Hat 7.3 with JBoss 3.0.0-Tomcat-4.0.3. When I install it on another server running Red Hat 8.0 and JBoss 3.0.6_tomcat-4.1.18 depends error.

Since the web site already works on the versions stated, the only thing I can think of is that something changed that I have not found yet. Is there a migration document for the latest release of Jboss/Tomcat?

• 4. Re: MySQL Datasource
                kellymac

This was actually caused by some noise (I could never actually see it) in mysql-service.xml. I was able to fix the problem by getting a fresh copy of the example from $JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/jca and being very careful about what I changed.