0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2003 7:07 PM by sbagdadi

InstanceAlreadyExistsException - porting to jboss3.2

sbagdadi

Hi ,

Recently i managed to port my code to the new jboss3.2.0 and everything works fine .. except that on startup it throws an exception

javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: jboss.management.local:J2EEServer=Local,j2eeType=J2EEApplication,name=gateway.ear already registered.
      at org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.add(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:617)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.registerMBean(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:198)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ObjectReferenceInterceptor.invoke(ObjectReferenceInterceptor.java:55)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.MBeanAttributeInterceptor.invoke(MBeanAttributeInterceptor.java:44)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.PersistenceInterceptor.invoke(PersistenceInterceptor.java:90)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanInvoker.invoke(MBeanInvoker.java:65)
      at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean.java:141)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:549)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.registerMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:994)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.registerMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:330)
      at org.jboss.management.j2ee.J2EEApplication.create(J2EEApplication.java:67)
      at org.jboss.management.j2ee.factory.EARModuleFactory.create(EARModuleFactory.java:34)
      at org.jboss.management.j2ee.LocalJBossServerDomain.handleNotification(LocalJBossServerDomain.java:362)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.NotificationListenerProxy.handleNotification(NotificationListenerProxy.java:71)

I am running jboss3.2.0 on linux with suns jdk 1.3.1 and my application.xml file looks like this ..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd'>

<display-name>ABC</display-name>
      ABC Desc

smsgw_ejb.jar

<web-uri>smsgw.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>gw</context-root>

The application consists of few mdb's,mbeans and a web application. The ear has just one copy in the deploy directory and works fine except that i get this exception on startup...

Please let me know if this is a known issue and a fix if one exists..

Regards,
      Shahnawaz