3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2003 1:38 AM by fbiaggi

i need an example JavaService config for JBoss

mozkill

if anyone has a working example of a JavaService -install command that will install JBoss as a service, can they please post?

i am having the hardest time getting this installed. i have used JavaService a lot with standard Java http type servers but with this added Tomcat stuff mixed with JBoss, its become a bit hard to figure out.

• 1. Re: i need an example JavaService config for JBoss
          mozkill

ok, i figured it out. the "KEY" was the "catalina" parameter in the JavaService command:

JavaService.exe -install JBoss30 c:\jdk\javasoft\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll -Djava.class.path=c:\jboss\lib\crimson.jar;c:\jdk\lib\tools.jar;run.jar;c:\server\jars\myserver.jar -start org.jboss.Main -params "catalina" -stop org.jboss.Main -method systemExit -out out.txt -current c:\jboss\bin

• 2. Re: i need an example JavaService config for JBoss
            dipaka

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to use JavaService to make an NT Service out of an older version of JBoss, namely JBoss 2.4.4.

While I can start the service without issue, stopping the service is causing me no end of grief. Here's the appropriate snippet from my install line (I've added the line breaks for readability):

%1\jre\bin\%3\jvm.dll
            -Djava.class.path=%1\lib\tools.jar;%2\bin\run.jar;
            -start org.jboss.Main
            -params catalina
            -stop org.jboss.Shutdown

Now, the error message I get when stopping is

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/Shutdown

Based on my command-line above, it is because the Shutdown class is in a different classpath, namely %2\lib\ext\jboss.jar;. When I try to use this however, I get all kinds of exceptions on startup.

Sadly, all the JavaService docs out there seem to use JBoss 3.0 and above. Has anyone had any luck using JavaService with older JBoss versions?

• 3. Re: i need an example JavaService config for JBoss
              fbiaggi

Hi,
              we extracted the jar to the bin directory.
              this solves the problem.
              Ciao.