3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2004 3:25 PM by soshah

JBoss deployment issues in production

soshah

I have an intranet system that was just released in a production environment

the configuaration is as follows:

JBoss version: JBoss 3.0.8
      Database: MySql
      Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional
      Machine: Dell with 512 MB of Memory and 2.19 GHz Processor

I have noticed that my intranet application (sme.ear) one ear file gets undeployed on its own. The JBoss server still remains online but my application undeploys itself say after 1 day or so. Once it stayed on for 7 days and then it undeployed.

There is very little load on the application (1-2 users) right now if even that much. Yesterday I had 4 active sessions. That means its not the load that is making it do that.

Basically it sits there and undeploys itself. I then have to redeploy it using the JMX-Console and it works just fine. Do I need to change some parameters in my configuration file? Any operating system settings need to be changed? Are there any idle timeouts after which it automatically undeploys? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
      Sohil

p.s. I noticed that my beans and other contexts are still listed in the JNDI tree. Only the web server stops serving requests. I start getting 404 Not Found. I am using the built-in Jetty web server

• 1. Re: JBoss deployment issues in production
          raja05

Do you have any directories that get cleared automatically by the Windows scheduler. Basically i have seen some issues here where the tempdir used by Jetty gets removed by some sort of cron jobs in *nix based systems.
          Maybe you can make the tempdir point to a location that wont get deleted automatically?

• 2. Re: JBoss deployment issues in production
            soshah

I dont believe I have any background processes running besides the app server and the database server.

the Jboss server is installed as a Windows Service using a wrapper from Tanukisoftware.com

WOuld this have anything to do with the problem?

• 3. Re: JBoss deployment issues in production
              soshah

Also where does Jetty create the tmp directory by default. It should be default cause I didnt cahnge any configuration for jetty,

Thanks
              Sohil