4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2006 1:07 AM by farooqrashed

How to change port?

ldfarley

Hi,

I was using jboss 3.2.3 without problem until I installed Oracle 9i. An Oracle service seems to be running on port 8080 in conflict. When I try to start up my jboss server I get a JVM Bind exception. I think the easiest way to resolve is to change my jboss port to a use a different one than 8080. I tried going ot the jboss_home_dir/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat41.sar/Meta_inf/jboss-service.xml file and changing the port to from 8080 to 80. However, when I start up my server I am getting the same error. Do I need to unpack and repack certain files? How do I do this correctly? Is there any other steps I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Lisa

• 1. Re: How to change port?
          lviz

hello Lisa

just a shot in the dark.
          maybe you are running a webserver listening on port 80 on your box?

try something like 18080

cheers
          lothar

• 2. Re: How to change port?
            aalmero

hi lisa,

oracle 9i has an http server installed running on port 80.

aalmero

• 3. Re: How to change port?
              ldfarley

Thanks for your help! When I started up my server the JVM Bind error was on port 8080. With your ideas I was able to do a bit more searching and found the problem. It turned out that I needed to update the service.xml file in the jboss-3.2.3\server\all\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat41.sar\META-INF folder instead of in the jboss-3.2.3\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat41.sar\META-INF folder. I'm new to jboss so I don't know if it's something we have in out environment setup here or if this would always be correct. It solved the problem and I'm using port 80.

Have a good day.

Lisa

• 4. Re: How to change port?
                farooqrashed

HELLO Lisa

i m runnung JBoss AS 4.0.3 its is nunning bydefault 8080 port as u know
                i wanna to change the default port 80(http) so my client access through web! can u hepl me how can i change ?

as i go to
                D:\JBoss\server\all\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\META-INF\services.xml
                but there is no option for change the port
                i m also change the ssl port as well
                waiting for reply