1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2004 9:50 PM by raist_majere

Unwanted DEBUG Logging To STDOUT

clevariant

I'm getting waaaay too much output in my logs, lines of the form:

2004-11-03 16:26:13,233 INFO [STDOUT] 968850 [ScannerThread] DEBUG org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax - endElement(,tiles-definitions,tiles-definitions)
      2004-11-03 16:26:13,233 INFO [STDOUT] 968850 [ScannerThread] DEBUG org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax - endElement(,tiles-definitions,tiles-definitions)
      2004-11-03 16:26:13,233 INFO [STDOUT] 968850 [ScannerThread] DEBUG org.apache.commons.digester.Digester - match='tiles-definitions'

Literally millions of these stupid things are scrolling by, making it impossible to get anything done, much less find the output I actually need. But I can't supress them, because they're going to standard out, for some reason. I've looked at JBoss's log4j.xml and everywhere else I can think, and nothing is configured for DEBUG level, so I don't know why these DEBUGs are being generated at all. But if I could figure out why they're going to STDOUT, I could probably fix this.

But it's a big, fat problem for me now. Can't do much without useful log output.

One strange note: this doesn't happen when I first start JBoss, only after redeploying a Web app' (by copying it into the deploy dir'). It looks like a bug, actually, but I can't find a bug reporting interface on this site.

I'm in a flood without an ark!

• 1. Re: Unwanted DEBUG Logging To STDOUT
          raist_majere

If you take a closer look on your log output you'll see that this only happens with your Struts apps (it says "tiles-definition" in all the lines you provided), so the problem is in the configuration of the log output level of Struts, not JBoss. Depending on the version of Struts you're using, you can tweak the output level of Struts using the "debug" init parameter on ActionServlet (Struts 1.0) or using the commons logging interface properties (Struts 1.1/1.2). Take a look on the Struts User Guide, where it explains about this.