I noticed that this error occured every time any method was call on a specific class. After some further investigation I realized that this class was deployed in both .war and .jar files. I removed it from the .war file and the error no longer occurs.
I have created a very simple application where I will attempt to reproduce the problem:
1 jsp, 1 servlet, 1 session bean, and 1 java class deployed in the war and jar.
It seems that his scenario worked. I will toy around with it some more to try to recreate the problem. If this does not work I will go back to my original application and use that to recreate it.
I have created a bug report on the jira. I do have a reproducible example, I just wasn't sure how to send in the ear and source files. I have the source files in a zip file, if these files would help in solving this issue just let me know where to send them.