1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2006 12:42 PM by kwielechow1987

Need Help with Pre-Compiling JSPs

kwielechow1987

Hello,

I am using the Eclipse 3.0.1 IDE with JBOSS 3.2. Within Eclipse, we use the ANT plugin to deploy our application. Everything works fine except we are NOT pre-compiling our JSP's. I would like to do this. So I created the following ANT script build file (just to pre-compile the JSPs) from within Eclipse. I am using 'jspc' to generate the JAVA source files (the first step in the process). When I do this (trying just to pre-compile 3 JSPs), the first JSP compiles, but on the second I get the following error:

------------------Begin Error-------------
      [jasperc] 2006-02-23 12:14:56 - uriRoot implicitly set to "C:\local\Programs\Eclipse3.0.1\eclipse\workspace\WAR\defaultroot"
      [jasperc] XXX bad jar clientSDKOptions.xml
      [jasperc] 2006-02-23 12:14:57 - Could not load TagExtraInfo class com.etransxpress.waf.tags.i18n.BeanTagInfo: com.etransxpress.waf.tags.i18n.BeanTagInfo
      [jasperc] 2006-02-23 12:14:57 - ERROR-the file '\jsp\dispolist\form.jsp' generated the following general exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
      [jasperc] error:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Error compiling \jsp\dispolist\form.jsp
      [jasperc] at org.apache.jasper.JspC.processFile(JspC.java:596)
      [jasperc] at org.apache.jasper.JspC.execute(JspC.java:801)
      [jasperc] at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:823)
      BUILD FAILED: C:\local\Programs\Eclipse3.0.1\eclipse\workspace\EAR\buildjsp.xml:26: Java returned: 9
      ----------------------- End Error ---------

Following is the ANT script I am using:

---------------------------Begin script--------------
      <project name="eTransXpress 0.1" default="buildjsp">

<property name="jspc.webxml.fragment" value="../WAR/defaultroot/jsptemp/jspc-web-xml-fragment.xml"/>
      <property name="jspc.webxml.merged" value="../WAR/defaultroot/jsptemp/merged-web.xml"/>

<target name="buildjsp">
      <path id="jspc.classpath">
      <fileset dir="../WAR/defaultroot/WEB-INF/lib/" includes="*.jar"/>
      <fileset dir="../WAR/" includes="*.jar"/>

<fileset dir="../WAR/build/com/etransxpress/waf/tags/" includes="i18n/*.class"/>

<fileset dir="../WAR/build/com/etransxpress/waf/tags/" includes="html/*.class"/>
      <fileset dir="../WAR/build/com/etransxpress/waf/tags/" includes="i18n/*.class"/>
      <fileset dir="../WAR/build/com/etransxpress/waf/tags/" includes="logic/*.class"/>
      <fileset dir="../WAR/build/com/etransxpress/waf/tags/" includes="regions/*.class"/>

<fileset dir="../../plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.2/lib/" includes="*.jar"/>
      </path>

<jspc srcdir="../WAR/defaultroot/jsp/" destdir="../WAR/defaultroot/jspsource/"
       compiler="jasper41"
       verbose="9"
       classpathref="jspc.classpath"
       webinc="${jspc.webxml.fragment}">
       <include name="**/dispolist/*.jsp"/>
      </jspc>

</target>
      </project>
      ------------------ End Script----------------

Can someone please give some direction on how to solve this problem.

Thank you,

Ken Wielechowski