1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2006 4:20 PM by tsar_bomba

SSL not working?  Can't use real cert! JBoss AS 4.0.4.GA

I walked through the steps in the JBoss documentation about creating an SSL cert (using Tomcat in JBoss) and all went well w/ the temporary cert. However, once I created the real keystore at versign and tried to install it, I ran into a mess.

using the temp.keystore I generated when creating my CSR, everything worked fine (though I get the browser popup error as it's not a valid cert). Once I created a new keystore using the .cer Verisign gave me, on startup of JBoss 4.0.4.GA, I see this error *several* times:

17:54:59,957 ERROR [PoolTcpEndpoint] Endpoint [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8443]] ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake errorjavax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
      java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake errorjavax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.acceptSocket(JSSESocketFactory.java:113)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:407)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.run(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:647)

Am I just missing something or is this a bug?

We're doing a pilot application for a small storefront. If all works well we plan on using JBoss going forward, company-wide. I'm *praying* this isn't a bug and I can launch this by the end of the week!

All help is much appreciated, thanks!