0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2006 10:11 AM by raocold

Stackoverflowerror when using EJB3.0

raocold

I have two EBs User and User and UserGroups that have a many-to-many mapping through an association table usergroupmap. I am getting a StackOverflow error when I try to get the list of users given user_group_name. The EntityManager is able to find the JTA Transaction before querying. I see all the users being retrieved from the database and show up in the log but once the Collection is loaded the EntityManager is unable to find an active transaction and finally throws StackOverflowError. I have seen a few postings suggesting to set the ServletContext to transient. I tried that but with no luck.

javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
      at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleExceptionInOurTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:69)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:83)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:197)
      at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(TxPropagationInterceptor.java:76)
      at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessInstanceInterceptor.java:62)
      at org.jboss.aspects.security.AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(AuthenticationInterceptor.java:78)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:47)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.asynchronous.AsynchronousInterceptor.invoke(AsynchronousInterceptor.java:106)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessContainer.localInvoke(StatelessContainer.java:181)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessLocalProxy.invoke(StatelessLocalProxy.java:79)

Thanks,
      Rao