0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2007 1:20 PM by awclemen

problems starting JBoss 4.0.4GA on CentOS 4 / RedHat

awclemen

Hello Forum Folks,

I'm having a strange problem attempting to have JBoss start on boot. For some reason, the script is prompting for input, hence not allowing JBoss to start:

from /var/log/boot.log:

Jan 22 13:29:08 mahler jboss: CMD_START = cd /opt/jboss/bin; /opt/jboss/bin/run.sh -c OTH
      Jan 22 13:29:08 mahler jboss: Do you want to choose a different one? [n]

and sometimes it is this:
      Jan 22 15:25:20 mahler jboss: CMD_START = cd /opt/jboss/bin; /opt/jboss/bin/run.sh -c OTH
      Jan 22 15:25:21 mahler jboss: Do you want to choose a different one? [n]
      Jan 22 15:25:42 mahler jboss: Your default context is user_u:system_r:unconfined_t.
      Jan 22 15:25:42 mahler jboss:
      Jan 22 15:25:42 mahler jboss: finished jboss script

However, when I start the script normally from the prompt, I do not get this prompt. Now, I have set up MySQL and a couple of other service to start on boot, but I am not having these problems with them. I used the red hat boot script that came with JBoss. The only thing different with the script is these lines for redirecting the ports:

# This is needed to forward port calls from 80 to 8080
      iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -i eth0 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
      iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 443 -i eth0 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8443

I know this might be a OS problem, but because this is the only start-up script that is giving me problems, I thought I might try for an answer here - hoping that someone has run into this problem before. I've used the SUSE JBoss script on SUSE 9 before with no problem, but I have no idea what is going here. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
      --Andy