9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2007 1:45 PM by Thai Dang Vu

File Upload

Phil Barr Newbie

Is there a file upload component for RichFaces or Ajax4JSF ? If not, what would be the best of getting one - should I create my own, or should I use a 3rd party one, has anyone any experience of a 3rd party component that works?

Thanks,

Phil.

• 1. Re: File Upload
          Alexander Furer Newbie

FileUpload component from Tomahawk library works fine for me

• 2. Re: File Upload
            Sergey Smirnov Master

Ajax4jsf and Richfaces has been designed to work together with other 3d party library. So, repeating components after all existing component libraries is not necessarily. As I know, FileUpload from Tomahawk and FileUpload from JBoss Seam are used often.

• 3. Re: File Upload
              Thai Dang Vu Apprentice

I think RichFaces should have its own file upload component. It's unreasonable to include the tomahawk.jar file in the lib folder, to add a facelet tag lib xml file to the application in order to use just the tomahawk file upload component :(

I'm still looking for a decent calendar component (because the tomahawk calendar displays dates wrong, the jenia4faces causes me some problems that I don't know how to solve). If I find one, then I have to include one more jar file, one more facelet tag lib xml file to use only the calendar component :((

• 4. Re: File Upload
                Sergey Smirnov Master

What special features this component should have?

• 5. Re: File Upload
                  moldovan Newbie

"dxxvi" wrote:
                  I think RichFaces should have its own file upload component. It's unreasonable to include the tomahawk.jar file in the lib folder, to add a facelet tag lib xml file to the application in order to use just the tomahawk file upload component :(

I'm still looking for a decent calendar component (because the tomahawk calendar displays dates wrong, the jenia4faces causes me some problems that I don't know how to solve). If I find one, then I have to include one more jar file, one more facelet tag lib xml file to use only the calendar component :((

I don't see a problem!
                  I'm using myfaces, richfaces&ajax4jsf and jenia in my webapp. New libary and new filter is quickly included and all the components are working good together.

But, back to topic:
                  I'm also using <t:inputFileUpload> from myfaces. They have a problem with the accept-attribute (you can specify a filter-string for the accepted mime-types), but you can do this in action-method of your code by yourself.
                  Otherwise the component functions quite well.

• 6. Re: File Upload
                    Thai Dang Vu Apprentice

"moldovan" wrote:
                    I don't see a problem!
                    I'm using myfaces, richfaces&ajax4jsf and jenia in my webapp. New libary and new filter is quickly included and all the components are working good together.

Could you please email me a working example of the combination (rich + a4j + jenia + myfaces)? Thanks in advance.

• 7. Re: File Upload
                      Thai Dang Vu Apprentice

"dxxvi" wrote:
                      "moldovan" wrote:
                      I don't see a problem!

Could you please email me a working example of the combination (rich + a4j + jenia + myfaces)? Thanks in advance.

My email is dxxvi@hatrang.net.

• 8. Re: File Upload
                        moldovan Newbie

Sorry, but I do not have an example.
                        All this component-libaries are together in my big webapp.

• 9. Re: File Upload
                          Thai Dang Vu Apprentice

It's alright, but ... could you send me the part of the web.xml file related to jenia, facelet tab lib xml file for jenia, a jsp/xhtml file containing a jenia calendar? I hope I don't ask for a lot :)