0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2008 5:17 PM by jeffastorey

Passivation time configuration

jeffastorey

Hi, I've deployed an EJB (in a .ear file using EJB3 annotations) to my JBoss server, and for some reason, they always take 10 minutes of inactivity to passivate (and then seem to be hours until they are removed from the container entirely).

I'm running the default configuration and I've modified the JBoss standardjboss.xml file (in server\default\conf) that relates to the container configuration to look as follows:

<container-configuration>
       <container-name>Standard Stateful SessionBean</container-name>
       <call-logging>false</call-logging>
       <invoker-proxy-binding-name>stateful-unified-invoker</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
       <container-interceptors>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor</interceptor>
       <!-- CMT -->
       <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT</interceptor>
       <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor</interceptor>
       <!-- BMT -->
       <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT</interceptor>
       <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
       </container-interceptors>
       <instance-cache>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceCache</instance-cache>
       <persistence-manager>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionFilePersistenceManager</persistence-manager>
       <container-cache-conf>
       <cache-policy>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LRUStatefulContextCachePolicy</cache-policy>
       <cache-policy-conf>
       <min-capacity>50</min-capacity>
       <max-capacity>1000000</max-capacity>
       <remover-period>30</remover-period>
       <max-bean-life>30</max-bean-life>
       <overager-period>30</overager-period>
       <max-bean-age>30</max-bean-age>
       <resizer-period>5</resizer-period>
       <max-cache-miss-period>5</max-cache-miss-period>
       <min-cache-miss-period>1</min-cache-miss-period>
       <cache-load-factor>0.75</cache-load-factor>
       </cache-policy-conf>
       </container-cache-conf>
       <container-pool-conf>
       <MaximumSize>100</MaximumSize>
       </container-pool-conf>
       </container-configuration>

I would think the beans should now passivate within 30 seconds of inactivity (or in my case, after the application shuts down -- I wrote a small test app that just looks up the bean then ends so the bean becomes inactive).

Can anyone explain why passivation still takes 10 minutes? Thanks.

Jeff