0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2008 10:30 PM by mikephoenix

problem deploying application - upgrading to JBoss 4.2.3

OK, I am trying to port an application from JBoss 4.0.1 to 4.2.3. I am now getting the error:
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot obtain target bean for: JuniperLNServlet
      I have searched extensively for this error both on Google and the JBoss site search function and cannot find anything. Any help would be appreciated. I am pretty much of a newbie with Web apps and services so I'm unsure of what I need to be looking at. To make things worse documentation for the application is nonexistent. JuniperLNServlet is a Web service. Because this is the first servlet defined in web.xml, it seems like the problem may be systemic and not specific to this servlet. To save space I am just including configuration code that is related to this servlet. If anybody has some ideas that makes them want to look at let me know and I will post that code.

log

15:31:55,752 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.webservices.JuniperLNServlet
      15:31:55,752 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.webservices.ConnectorLNServlet
      15:31:55,752 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.webservices.ExampleResponseLNServlet
      15:31:55,768 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.LoginServlet
      15:31:55,768 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.EDSLoginServlet
      15:31:55,768 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.UserCommander
      15:31:55,768 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.ProjectCommander
      15:31:55,768 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.SystemSettingsCommander
      15:31:55,768 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: lingonet.reports.ReportImageServlet
      15:31:55,768 INFO [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
      15:31:55,830 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/C:/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp24788app.ear-contents/web.war
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot obtain target bean for: JuniperLNServlet
      at org.jboss.wsf.container.jboss42.ModifyWebMetaDataDeploymentAspect.create(ModifyWebMetaDataDeploymentAspect.java:58)
      at org.jboss.wsf.framework.deployment.DeploymentAspectManagerImpl.deploy(DeploymentAspectManagerImpl.java:118)
      at org.jboss.wsf.container.jboss42.ArchiveDeployerHook.deploy(ArchiveDeployerHook.java:97)
      at org.jboss.wsf.container.jboss42.DeployerInterceptor.create(DeployerInterceptor.java:79)
      at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptorSupport$XMBeanInterceptor.create(SubDeployerInterceptorSupport.java:180)
      at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptor.invoke(SubDeployerInterceptor.java:91)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
      at $Proxy45.create(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:969)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:959)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:818)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor21.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)

web.xml
      <servlet>
       <servlet-name>JuniperLNServlet</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>lingonet.webservices.JuniperLNServlet</servlet-class>
       </servlet>
       <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>JuniperLNServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/JuniperLN</url-pattern>
       </servlet-mapping>

webservice.xml
       <webservice-description>
       <webservice-description-name>JuniperLNService</webservice-description-name>
       <wsdl-file>WEB-INF/wsdl/JuniperLNService.wsdl</wsdl-file>
       <jaxrpc-mapping-file>WEB-INF/junipermapping.xml</jaxrpc-mapping-file>
       <port-component>
       <port-component-name>JuniperLN</port-component-name>
       <wsdl-port xmlns:my="http://lingonet.lingosys.com">my:JuniperLNPort</wsdl-port>
       <service-endpoint-interface>lingonet.webservices.JuniperLN</service-endpoint-interface>
       <service-impl-bean>
       <servlet-link>JuniperLNServlet</servlet-link>
       </service-impl-bean>
       </port-component>
       </webservice-description>