4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2010 8:11 PM by jw_brown_au1

can multiple nodes use the same exploded war

I have an application that has a large number of files in it. I plan to deploy this on a server running multiple nodes. Since the number of files is very large, I am going to uses an exploded war. I plan to keep the deployment outside of the deploy folder http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/HowtodeploymyapplicationinanexternaldirectoryinJBoss-5

The question is, can I specify the same folder for each of the nodes. Will that cause any issues?

Regards,
      Bali

• 1. Re: can multiple nodes use the same exploded war

Anyone has experience with this kind of deployment....

• 2. Re: can multiple nodes use the same exploded war
            jaikiran

Which exact version of JBossAS? And when you say the number of files is large, do you mean the number of files in the WAR? And so you are worried that all these files will be copied to the tmp folder on individual nodes? And hence going for exploded deployment?

• 3. Re: can multiple nodes use the same exploded war

Running JBossAS 5.0.1GA. It is an exploded war. The jsp files comes from a publishing system and are between 200 - 400K. The server has the capacity to run 4-6 nodes. I don't want to replicate the files on the file system for each node. I would like to keep just one copy of the deployed files.

My other option is to deploy the WAR to each node and create a symbolic link in each node to the deployed content

So in each <JB_HOME>/server/node[1-4]/deploy/ROOT.war I create a symbolic link to a folder containing 400,000 files.

"jaikiran" wrote:
              Which exact version of JBossAS? And when you say the number of files is large, do you mean the number of files in the WAR? And so you are worried that all these files will be copied to the tmp folder on individual nodes? And hence going for exploded deployment?

• 4. Re: can multiple nodes use the same exploded war
                jw_brown_au1
                Did you ever try this and did it work ?