0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2009 10:16 AM by tjansto

missing something in my deployment

morning folk,
      i am trying to get jboss properly configured to allow for rmi through a firewall. a bit of background briefly, our configuration worked in jboss 4x, and we are now on 5x. i have gone through the sundry docs on the wiki for getting this configured properly, and i can't see what i am missing. the client is getting an UnknownHostException when the lookup of an ejb is done once i get the InitialContext. the /invoker/JNDIFActory url is set correctly, and in its it references the proper public ip of the JMXInvokerServlet, and everything works if the client knows the host name of the app server. somewhere in the lookup call off the initial context the local host name is being referenced, but i can't locate how to change it. it is exactly the same value as the -b parameter to the run.sh file, so i am sure somewhere i have mis-configured something to refer to $jboss.bind.addr or bind.addr. i have looked at a couple of docs, that seem to hit around the subject, but they refer to 4x or earlier, not 5 (and i just may not have located those yet). i thought it was in the remoting section configuration, but the injection layer that 5x is doing still gets me confused as to its proper configuration.

hope this makes some sense, but if not, it must be yesterday's nasty pumpkin pie...

thanks,
      tom